We bought a house near Tomar in 2005 and moved permanently from UK in 2015. We have since moved to Alcobaça to live in a city and be closer to the coast.
I have learned Portuguese and I have set up a Resource Sharing Group on Facebook, including a twice weekly Chat Club to practice the language. I am in the process of applying for Portuguese citizenship.
I do volunteer work in the local community which is a great way to make friends and practise my Portuguese. I am also actively engaged in other community activities.
I love assisting people to move to Portugal. I remember feeling how anxious I was about all the unknowns and I am here to help and share my experiences.
Ask me about:
- Learning the language
- Touring the country
- Vegetarianism in Portugal
- Living in a local community
- Integrating with the local community
- Getting around with or without a car
- Using the healthcare service
- Living on the Silver Coast