Reabilitejo provides efficient, experienced and practical support for restoration and improvement projects, helping you navigate the complex Portuguese planning and administrative system.
We know how important it is to understand our clients’ objectives, and provide pragmatic, realistic, and individually tailored advice. Our passion is restoration: supporting projects that seek to maintain and enhance older properties whilst making them suitable for modern living.
Based on your aspirations, we can draw up options compatible with the property’s heritage and setting, and provide advice on financial viability, access planning, choice of materials, and local/regional vernacular. For many people, this starts with one of our detailed surveys, which can be conducted before or after purchase, and which include:
- descriptions of construction methods used
- advice on visible defects, potential problems and underlying causes
- recommendations on what needs to be done and how urgently
From there, we can assist with:
- proposals for thermal and acoustic improvements
- advice on compliance with Portuguese regulations
- applications for fiscal benefits/tax incentives
- links with architects, engineers and other professionals
- “critical friend” support and reassurance to projects already under way
We work in both English and Portuguese, and whilst our geographical focus is the Ribatejo, in Central Portugal, we’re happy to consider restoration projects across the country.