Membership Fees - Clarification – Forum Etiquette & Announcements – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Membership Fees - C...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Explorations Africa Banner Ad

Membership Fees - Clarification  

RSS

(@gerry)
Estimable Member Admin
04/02/2020 2:22 pm  

There seems to be some confusion on membership fees for which we apologise. We are currently updating the site to eliminate this confusion and meanwhile, we would like to clarify the situation.

If you are an existing member and were signed up on the old site, your membership has been transferred to the new site and you are a VIP member which entitles you to lifetime membership free of charge. When you originally joined, you paid a one-off donation for lifetime membership and that has been carried over.

Unfortunately due to privacy laws, we are not allowed to transfer passwords and so the only requirement in order to continue your free lifetime membership is to re-register your password. The new system will offer to generate a password (which will be a complex series of characters) but you can overwrite this and enter a password of your choice. The system may then indicate that your password choice is weak but you can choose to accept this or make your password more complex. 

If you have any problem with the re-registration, then please let me know at gerry@expatsportugal.com and I will set and notify you of a temporary password which you can change when you log in.

In the past, the benefit of membership was full access to the forum. That benefit continues but in addition you now have full, free and unlimited access to the Market Place (classifieds) and we are in the process of creating other 'members only' benefits. We also welcome any suggestions as to what additional benefits you would like to see.

To confirm, there is no additional cost to anyone that was a registered member on the old site.

Going forward and only applicable to new members, we are changing from the one-off donation to an annual donation.

When we acquired the site it was running at a financial loss and of course we have since invested in totally new software and development. We now have a dynamic and flexible site which we can grow and develop and it is our intention to work hard to achieve this in the best interest of our members. None of this could be done from the old site because the software was out of date and all sorts of complex manual processes were necessary just to keep on top of the forum membership, never mind trying to improve and enhance the site.   

Once again, we apologise for any confusion and as always, we value your contribution and welcome your suggestions

Kind regards

Gerry

(@peterfc)
Famed Member VIP Member
04/02/2020 11:20 pm  

Hi Gerry

Great to see the new site up and looking great. The recent post about membership should help get the new site running as the site was before.

The only thing i would add is Expatsportugal has been running since i believe 2005 something myself and others have an attachment to. In my case i go back to 2007 but Gerry that's only my view you are in charge now and good luck.

Peter

ReplyQuote
(@gerry)
Estimable Member Admin
05/02/2020 11:19 am  

Thank you for your comments Peter.

Yes we are very aware that many of the members have a long association and history with expatsportugal. This has been at the forefront of our thinking throughout the development stages and it will continue as we endeavor to improve and enhance the site. In our view, the forum members are the essence of expatsportugal.

Please also read the About Us section where we pay tribute to Simon and Emma.  

Best wishes

Gerry

ReplyQuote
(@hartmill)
Estimable Member VIP Member
05/02/2020 4:24 pm  

Thank you for the clarification on charges. I don´t know if I am alone in this, but I find that even with my reading glasses on, this size of text is difficult to read.

ReplyQuote
(@gerry)
Estimable Member Admin
05/02/2020 5:50 pm  

Thanks for your comment hartmill and my apologies. I will use this size (14 pt) in my future posts unless someone tells me differently. When you post a reply or create a new post, there is a text editor on top of the box where you can change the text size, use bold print, etc. etc., and even use smilies ? ? ? if you like.

ReplyQuote
(@bazza500)
Eminent Member VIP Member
06/02/2020 7:27 am  

@gerry

A bit confusing to say the least but i am sure i am still registered a reply to this would confirm this thanks bazza

ReplyQuote
(@gerry)
Estimable Member Admin
06/02/2020 9:50 am  

Hi Bazza500

Yes, if you can post as above, you have successfully re-registered.

Thanks

Gerry

ReplyQuote
(@astridff)
Active Member Admin
06/02/2020 11:28 am  

Be great to see some profiles updated too! Just click on My Profile > Account in the forum member's bar and you can update your details. x

ReplyQuote

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Join any Group within our Online Community
    • Get social on Zoom meet-ups and webinars
    • Include your local events in our events calendar
    • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
    • Receive exclusive member benefits and discounts from our partners
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €20 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online