Builder recommendation near Faro – Building & Renovating – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Builder recommendation near Faro  

Community Member
(@longlad)

Hi

I am looking to renovate a small two bed townhouse near Faro. It wouldnt be anything too complicated but would include a couple of walls being knocked through. Does anyone have any recommendations as I have had two quotes so far and they seem a total rip off compared to what I would expect to pay.

Many thanks for any help

5 Replies
VIP Member
(@hannahjordan)

We're also looking for a builder in Mertola.  If you find someone good please let me know!  I'll do the same! We've had a few quotes over the last few years and they are all astronomical compared to UK rates.  Also, everything is 'tomorrow' but never actually is! Ha! Does anyone know anyone?  Are there any builders on here who'd be interested? Let us know.  Thanks, Hannah : )

2 Replies
VIP Member
(@rog123)

Trusted Member

@hannahjordan

Hi, there's a good building firm I know and have used for several years, as have friends.  I dont know how to PM you but if interested, I could ask him.

VIP Member
(@christopherdouglas)

Estimable Member
Posted by: @hannahjordan

We're also looking for a builder in Mertola.  If you find someone good please let me know!  I'll do the same! We've had a few quotes over the last few years and they are all astronomical compared to UK rates.  Also, everything is 'tomorrow' but never actually is! Ha! Does anyone know anyone?  Are there any builders on here who'd be interested? Let us know.  Thanks, Hannah : )

Hi Hannah,

Yes, lots of things here are very expensive (tax rates vary a lot depending on the product or servce) but, most of the every day stuff is quite cheap 😉

And, 'tomorrow ' mmm, yes sometimes it's whenever but, sometimes it's super-quick! We've had workmen turn up on-time, 6am, do a full day til 7pm (Portuguese lunch excepted ☺ ) and be a really cheerful bunch too!

Finding a good one is the first hurdle! We asked around in the village and at houses that had obviously been recently worked on. You get to meet people, they get to meet you and, then you get a builder that's known locally so he won't rip you off 👍👍👍

All the best

Chris

Admin
(@gerry)
Reputable Member

Hi @rog123

Fastest way to PM a member is to click on their username (directly below their photo) and the PM will open.

VIP Member
(@hannahjordan)

Yes Please Rog123!

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Receive exclusive member benefits from our partners: view current offers
      • Priority access to our Zoom meet-ups and webinars
      • Join any Group within our Online Community
      • Include your local events in our events calendar
      • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €25 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online