Can I build? - Page 2 – Building & Renovating – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Can I build?

13 Posts
5 Users
18 Likes
Community Member
Topic starter
(@genki)

I appreciate that the ultimate answer to this question is check with your local authority. The reason I am asking ‘academically’ is I’ve read everything I can online on this subject and remain somewhat bemused and have have had our offer accepted for our new home (hooray!!) and so until we can conclude and get in there I am trying to work out what we can do with the new place. There are tons of ideas of maybe I could do this, that or the other but the top 3 for me are;

1. Can I build a summer kitchen (small BBQ tiled roof) hut on my rustic or urban land without the need for complex licences

2. Can I get a builder to build an internal stairway (only has an external steps)

3. Can I build a workshop, office or gym on my land (rustic or urban)

im prepped for “ask your local authority once you are there” but in case anyone has done any of these things and willing to share I’m curious about others experiences.

James

Topic Tags
12 Replies

Premium Member
(@denisa)

@thomasribatejo

Dear Thomas, I always appreciate the common sense approach you have to building prblems so I hope you can assist me as well...

I need to establish whether 3 plots bought many years ago in the 1980s still belong to the purchaser, what the land is worth and if there are any restrictions to building on them.  My friends have bought the plots and we want to now start construction on them, myself on the one end, my friends on the last plot and a mutual garden shared by us on the middle plot.

The plots are in Capo do Sapo, in the Quinta de Conde area.  I have the plot numbers and would like to have a look at their location before I confirm that I want to build there.  Obviously, I'll need help on the legal side which I should probably contact Daniel Reis for, but I'll need help with building from scratch, do you do that kind of thing?

Many thanks

Kind regards

Denise

1 Reply
Ask our Expat Consultant
(@thomasribatejo)

@denisa on the planning side of things, we may be able to help - at least in terms of the likelihood of being able to achieve what you hope to.  Could you drop me a line at thomas@reabilitejo.pt with a bit more info, and we'll see what we can do? No obligation at this stage, naturally!

Page 2 / 2

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year

Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

FREE
  • Full access to community Forum
  • Register for events

Club Member

Ideal for those already living in Portugal or researching
67 per year
  • Full access to community Forum
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Guaranteed entry to our weekly webinars
  • Access to our Migration Tuesdays Dream Team weekly webinar
  • Receive community support
  • And help us grow this website and community

Premium Club Member

Perfect for those serious about making the move
137 per year
  • All Club Member benefits plus...
  • 3 months FREE access to DailyNata Plus Portuguese language platform
  • 1 hour private online consultation with a member of our team
  • Access to our “little black book” of contacts and recommendations
  • Hundreds of €s in Savings & Benefits from our partners