#Blog Hiring a Contractor in Portugal – Building & Renovating – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Live and Invest Portugal

#Blog Hiring a Contractor in Portugal  

Admin
(@astridff)
wpf-cross-image

Considering getting a contractor to do work for you? Read this first...

2 Replies
VIP Member
(@christopherdouglas)
Estimable Member

Hi Astrid,

Can I say that from personal experience,

'In Portugal, your best bet is to start with recommendations for friends, family and fellow expats who can lead you to great workers who speak at least a smattering of English.'

Isn't the best way to go about it.

Recommendations from ex-pats will quite often lead to an ex-pat builder. Nothing ostensibly wrong with that but, in a lot of areas, it won't endear you to your neighbours. Especially in a village.

Recommendations from your local Freguesia and your immediate neighbours are much better.

You get a good job, albeit at maybe a slower rate, but not always, and you contribute to your local economy.

And, you fit in better 👍

Bit of a win all round really 😘

Chris x

VIP Member
(@peterfc)
Famed Member

Hi Chris

The problem with builders is they take on to much work and then come to you one day and they are of to someone else for another day or two. Just 25mt from where i am sitting is such a property That will be another 12 months before it's finished looking at the rate of work.

If you find a n builder try to pin him down to a time.

Peter

Sovereign Group Leaderboard

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Receive exclusive member benefits from our partners: view current offers
      • Priority access to our Zoom meet-ups and webinars
      • Join any Group within our Online Community
      • Include your local events in our events calendar
      • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €25 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online