Legal processes within a Project - Page 2 – Building & Renovating – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• spartan Fx
  • Serenity Banner

Legal processes within a Project

Page 2 / 2

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@stevej)
Noble Member

Hi,

I'm trying to understand the legal processes involved in a Project.

We have a project with provisional approval (it needs a couple of final documents and clarifications from the Architect), but I'm not clear on what then once we have final approval.

I think I understand that our builder goes to the Camara to register and get the OK to do the work, and is responsible for health and safety on the site. Is the builder also responsible for liaising with the Camara at various stages for checking the work; does the builder get the final "signing off" document at the end of the process.

I've seen reference to a P.S.S. - again something about safety and security - is that down to us, or does the builder provide it.

I want to clarify what our legal responsibilities are, and distinguish between things we have to do from a legal process point of view, and things that are optional/advisable (eg, having someone oversee the builder to make sure things are being done correctly).

Also, is there any consumer protection built in to the insurances the builder needs - any industry-wide scheme for example to cover a situation where a builder goes bust.

Thanks,

Steve

6 Replies

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@stevej)
Noble Member

Thanks for that, Angela.

One item I am a bit unsure of is the PSS (I think this is Plano de Segurança e Saúde). One builder in his quote specifically implies that the responsibility for this lies with us - it may be he is just indicating that the cost of this falls to us, in which case, fine. But if he is implying we have to produce it, then I don't see how.

Thanks again,

Steve

VIP Member
(@cojabound)
Estimable Member

Mmm, this sounds odd. In our case the health and safety aspect was part of the project admin and a requirement for the builders to sign up to. It's possible different camaras have different approaches, but as you say, how can you be expected to cover that? I'd suggest asking a solictor about that. 

Page 2 / 2

• Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Serenity Banner
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

• Full access to our community Forum
  • Gain access to our 12 module ‘Moving to Portugal’ course
  • Guaranteed entry to our interactive webinars
  • Unlock hundreds of €’s in savings and freebies from our partners
  • Browse the forum with no advertising (only see our partners)
  • Receive community support
  • Email support
  • And last but not least, help us grow this website and community
Join Today€97 per year

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online