Negative Carbon Construction (yes negative) – Building & Renovating – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Booking.com

Negative Carbon Construction (yes negative)  

RSS

(@phamtomhusky)
New Member VIP Member
29/05/2020 11:13 am  

If anybody is interested, when I lived in the UK my company built one of the very first DEEP GREEN buildings within the GLC (Greater London Council). It is or was a very unique way of construction with so many great benefits to do with construction costs, heat transfer through structures and health advantages. If you would like to know more and as I am well retired I would be pleased to pass this information on and assist self builders in Portugal.

(@gerry)
Estimable Member Admin
30/05/2020 11:53 am  

Thank you @phamtomhusky

Sounds interesting but what about the materials? Are they available in Portugal and how does the cost compare with traditional Portuguese building methods?

ReplyQuote
(@phamtomhusky)
New Member VIP Member
31/05/2020 1:42 pm  

Hi Gerry,

All materials are natural and can be obtained in Portugal. Concerning cost this method is a lot less that conventional UK build (some 40% less) concerning Portugal without checking their costs I cannot comment at present buy would hope a similar ratio would apply. This is a self builders dream.

ReplyQuote
(@santaanita)
Prominent Member VIP Member
01/06/2020 10:36 am  

you do know that you cant self build a new build in portugal ,you have to use a licensed builder

ReplyQuote
(@phamtomhusky)
New Member VIP Member
03/06/2020 9:08 pm  

@santaanita
As you are aware you must pass the tests for Building, Electricity or plumbing to ensure the correct procedures are adopted and covered by insurance.
I am not a builder but offer a Consultative role being a qualified Architect and Engineer and having assisted in the concept, design and in France and the UK assisted in building. But at my age I no longer crawl over new or old buildings that is for the younger keen person

ReplyQuote

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Join any Group within our Online Community
    • Get social on Zoom meet-ups and webinars
    • Include your local events in our events calendar
    • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
    • Receive exclusive member benefits and discounts from our partners
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €20 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online