New House Build - help with planning permission - Page 2 – Building & Renovating – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Martinhall banner
  • Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

New House Build - help with planning permission

Page 2 / 2

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@newstartinportugal)

Hi, We bought land in Central Portugal (part rustic part urban) and intend to build a new house (nothing fancy, 200 m2 max, single storey, flat roof). We have a design in mind (and a set of floor plans) but need someone to complete Engineering Drawings (incl sewage, electrics, drainage etc) and help us obtain a licence to build.

Any recommendations? How much should we budget for this? Anybody here with fairly recent experience? Many thanks for any help.

16 Replies

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@newstartinportugal)

@tygger Yes, this is what we are hoping for. Have a building envelope done by a builder and do the finishes ourselves - well, maybe not completely, but hire individual trades and do what we can ourselves. Do you know if the plans can be signed off by a structural engineer or only by an architect?

VIP Member
(@cojabound)
Estimable Member

We paid a lot to our (second) architect who went out of business (but did get us permission with a lot of hard work) we now have an architect who has taken on the project. He did a bit of redesign and is overseeing the project, for about 5,000. 

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@newstartinportugal)

@cojabound that's a fantastic price. Would you be prepared to share his contact details? I found a really nice Spanish architect who speaks Portuguese and is familiar with Portuguese building codes, but he is not licenced to work in Portugal, so I would have to find someone else to sign off the plans. I am not sure how viable it would be. I also found a young Portuguese architect who initially quoted me a good price, but when I started to dig deeper things started to add up. Almost like flying with Ryanair... All I want is a licence to build, I have no idea what is required, so I can't be told afterwards, aagh I didn't know you wanted the acoustics or the sewage system, so this will be €2000 extra. Finding the right person is a nightmare. No wonder so many people buy ruins. At least most of the time they know, they can avoid the hassle of planning. 

VIP Member
(@cojabound)
Estimable Member

Yes of course, his name is Paulo Barbosa tel: 962673920. He's based in arganil if that's any good. He has perfect english and is very helpful. If he's too far away he might still be able to answer your concerns or recommend someone. Good luck. 

VIP Member
(@cojabound)
Estimable Member

Sorry, he's based in Tabua, not arganil!

1 Reply
VIP Member
(@peterfc)

Famed Member

Hi Tabua and Arganil are not to far away maybe 15 minutes drive away.

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@newstartinportugal)

@peterfc I really appreciate it. Thank you 😀 

Kind regards,

Joanna

Page 2 / 2

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online