timber suppliers – Building & Renovating – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

timber suppliers

Page 1 / 2

Gaz
Community Member
Topic starter
(@gaz)

I live in Alvaiazere central Portugal and I will shortly be moving on to the next job of replacing the roof timers in my annex which have wood worm infestation. Can anyone recommend a timber supplier in this area who could provide suitable treated wood for this job who will deliver please.

Gary

9 Replies

Admin
(@astridff)

@gaz I can highly recommend a place in Crato which isn't that close to you but in my opinion worth it. Susy the owner is Austrian and speaks perfect English. 

http://www.madeirasimportadas.com/  

VIP Member
(@santaanita)
Prominent Member

there is a good one in cabacos

2 Replies
 Gaz
Community Member
(@gaz)

@santaanitacan you tell me the name of the timber company please and how I can find it . Thanks Gary

VIP Member
(@santaanita)

Prominent Member

hi Gaz just tried to pin point it on google maps without success,from memory as you drive thru cabacos you go under a road bridge and the merchant is on the left ,good few years since i been there as i was working down that way,sorry to be a bit vague.

VIP Member
(@santaanita)
Prominent Member

i have written that wrong should read as you approach cabacos you take a right turn go up 100 or so metres go under a road bridge and wood yard on left

Admin
(@gerry)
Reputable Member

Hi @santaanita and @gaz

I think this might be the place you mean. I don't know the name but definitely there is a timber merchant on this corner.

Page 1 / 2

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online