Woodworm – Building & Renovating – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers

Woodworm

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@wt)

We have just moved to Portugal from UK  in a village house  near Argenil in Coimbra district  which has quite a lot of wooden floors ceilings .We have discovered active woodworm in one of the bedrooms which needs treatment but don't want chemical treatment which leaves fumes and affects animals.  In UK  there is a product called boron  does anyone know of local firms which treat woodworm or how to find one ?

4 Replies

alan
VIP Member
(@alan)
Noble Member

You can get borax powder from the agricultural co-operative shops. See https://www.casteloconstruction.info/2012/03/20/borax-woodworm-treatment/

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@wt)

@alan great thanks so much I'll contact them.

VIP Member
(@peterfc)
Famed Member

Hi Wendy

Welcome to the Arganil area i live part way from Arganil to Gois any local help just ask.

There is a good Co op on the Road from Arganil to Coja on the right as you go from Arganil .

Peter

1 Reply
 Ralf
Premium Member
(@ralf)

Eminent Member

@peterfc Arganil looks amazing. I am traveling from the USA in a few days to finally see Portugal, and Arganil is the first place I will see after resting up in Lisbon for a couple of days.

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online