AS REQUESTED: The Coimbra-specific forum/group (-: - Page 4 – Coimbra and surrounds – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

AS REQUESTED: The Coimbra-specific forum/group (-:

Page 4 / 4

Admin
Topic starter
(@carlm)
Reputable Member

@kkcwalton @luise - you asked, and here it is! All yours, please get posting and sharing 😎 

Topic Tags
76 Replies

Premium Member
(@terrell)
Trusted Member

Since the topic of "dark sky" spots have come up in this forum (@kkcwalton, cheers to you in particular) this article from this week's Portugal News might be of further interest:  https://www.theportugalnews.com/news/2021-09-12/dark-sky-tourism-in-portugal/62295?src=newsletter-602   

9 Replies
Premium Member
(@kkcwalton)

Estimable Member

@terrell Thank you for thinking of us Terrell.  I've forwarded this to Bob.

We're corresponding with the Dark Sky Alqueva observatory about organizing a few days with them during our "Bottoms Up" Tour of Portugal.  We also plan to spend some time at the Observatario do Lago Alqueva, an unrelated astronomy group in the same area.

While we're in Coimbra we also plan to spend time with @saracruz as she has mentioned she can guide us to dark sky areas around Coimbra.  We will also check out the places you mentioned in your itinerary.  Thanks for that again!  I'm looking forward to exploring Gois too.

Hope your house renovation is going well.  When do you expect to be in Portugal full time?

Best, KK

Premium Member
(@terrell)

Trusted Member

@kkcwalton, the house purchase is finally almost done, and I expect to be returning to Portugal by end of April/early May at latest, so hope we can connect, and a tour with @saracruz would be a joy! 

Best, Terrell

Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@saracruz)

Eminent Member

@terrell that's great news 🙂 see you then!!

Premium Member
(@kkcwalton)

Estimable Member

@saracruz Hi Sara, I tried to private message you but couldn't get the system to work, so am trying this way.  Please excuse the tangent on the thread!

We will be in Coimbra May 1-15 and want to book tours with your company and with you personally.  What's the best way to do that? 

Also, do you know anything about Bruno Alexandre's company Taxes in Portugal?  I understand he's an accounting professional that provides some services for expats.  We were thinking of asking him to acquire our NIFs for us as his prices are quite a bit less than Ei! Immigration, but wondered if you could confirm his company is legitimate and their services are reputable.

Thanks for your help.  We're looking forward to meeting you.

Premium Member
(@kkcwalton)

Estimable Member

@saracruz P.S. he's based in Coimbra, which is why I thought of you to ask.  Here's the link to his company Taxes in Portugal

(@saracruz)

Eminent Member

@kkcwalton I have never heard of Bruno Alexandre, so I am afraid I can't give you feedback. But if he is a certified accountant I think you will be provided with a good service! If you want to make sure you can always ask him about his license and then contact the OCC (Portuguese Chartered Accountants Association) to check if his credentials are valid. If I was him I would have put that information on his website - in my field it is mandatory by law to have that information everywhere (website, social media, flyers, business cards etc)... but I don't know how that works for accountants.

As for the best way to book my services, please see if you can use the following link: https://expatsportugal.com/ask-our-expats-portugal/sara-silva-da-cruz/ -- I hope this works, thanks in advance!

BTW I am also a certified professional. You can check my license here - https://registos.turismodeportugal.pt/RNAAT.aspx?nr=363%2F2021&close=True

🙂 I can't wait to welcome you here!

Sara Cruz

Premium Member
(@kkcwalton)

Estimable Member

@saracruz Sara, thank you so much for the information on the OCC.  I sent an email to them to confirm the business.  Identify theft is a very real problem here in the US, so before we hand over our personal information for NIFs, etc. we want to be certain we can confirm the business is professional and safe.

I signed up yesterday for a 3 hour consultation with you through Expats Portugal, and applied for two group tours on the Go! Walk website.  We look forward to talking with you further about both at your convenience.  

Best regards, KK

(@saracruz)

Eminent Member

@kkcwalton great - I am happy it helped.

Thanks for the reservation requests! I haven't received the consultation one, when I do I will accept it and we can schedule it - thank you very much in advance and all the best!

Sara Cruz

Premium Member
(@kkcwalton)

Estimable Member

@terrell Sounds great Terrell.  We look forward to it.  We're still adjusting our itinerary, but it looks like we'll be in Coimbra from around May 1 to 15.  Hope your purchase goes smoothly.

Pktk
Community Member
(@pktk)

Any expats around the condeixa a nova area to share advise

Page 4 / 4

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Plus

Exclusive member-only content
€347 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Access to our private online Group
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • Weekly Q&A call with Carl Munson
  • Personal support
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online