Portuguese Wine - Promote your favourite here - Page 3 – Cooking, Food, Wine & Eating Out – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

[Sticky] Portuguese Wine - Promote your favourite here

Page 3 / 3

Admin
Topic starter
(@astridff)

Think I have found my new favourite white wine. By winemaker David Baverstock (a fellow Aussie) who has his winery in Estremoz, Alentejo.

My bottle arrived in my Portuguese Wine Box from WoW Wines (an Expat Portugal partner at www.wowwines.eu).

We would love to compile a list of your favourite Portuguese wines that you are happy to share with our community. The list will be compiled and included in a blog post/guide.

What is your favourite Portuguese wine? Please include:

• Type
  • Price
  • Region
  • Where you bought it

16 Replies

Premium Member
(@annach)

Many favourites, but one range I really like (especially the sparklings, alvarinhos and rosé) is from Quinta de Carapeços ( https://quintadecarapecos.pt/en/home/ ) in the Vinho Verde region.

I like their reds a lot as well, but the reds from this region would not be to the taste of someone who likes the more fruity and jammy style of the New World and Alentejo.

Community Member
(@arteastronomical)

The Palmela region is the region (in my opinion) with the best wines in Portugal best value for the money and the one i always buy. The land is very sandy (very good for the vines) and with hot summers and wind winters that come from Atlantic ocean.

The moscatel (sweet wine) there is to die for. 

The name of some wine houses there, like Bacalhoa, Ermelinda Freitas, Pegões and Comporta.

The wine house Ermelinda Freitas win many prizes at international wine competitions.

Community Member
(@arteastronomical)

PS: My recomendation is a Rocksand Shiraz 2015 from Casa Ermelinda Freitas. 

Premium Member
(@longhornlady)
Trusted Member

I just discovered a lovely red gratis my landlord which is a wine local to Porto. Not all wines in Porto are ports, by the way!

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online