red wine in 20 litre boxes – Cooking, Food, Wine & Eating Out – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

red wine in 20 litre boxes

Page 1 / 3

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@morro)
Estimable Member

I live in tavira and i am looking to buy my wine as i used to in france i.e. in bulk(en vrac). where can I buy locally?

Topic Tags
10 Replies

VIP Member
(@digger)
Illustrious Member

When we lived in Carcavelos we used to buy wine by the crate from a local agricultural suppliers. We’d get 12 x 1 litre bottles @ 80 centimes each and get 10 c back on the empties. A very drinkable tinto from Carvoeira near Ericeira.

VIP Member
(@crazy-russian)
Illustrious Member

i am further south
but my solution was to find (hard work I know but I persevered) the wine I liked by a process of elimination in the various bars ,
then..
as you do
having become friends with the barman
if you can find him again
get him to supply it
even if this added a few euros
it didnt impact on the value of buying in 20 litre boxes and you did know for certain that you liked that particular wine

it worked for me!

also brought boxes back to UK
but not enough..
will increase load this year!

gpf
VIP Member
(@gpf)
Noble Member

My local nook sells tinto from a 20kg brick which they get from the local supermarket (or they sell the same as the bar uses, one or t'other). It's peppery with a plum jam flavour and if it didn't have a Pt origem on the box I'd swear it was a new world shiraz. It is very good indeed for a low priced coop wine, no sulphur, no cabbageyness.

My current fave coop is Uniao from up near S C Dao but I have yet to see this in bricks which means a regular trip to the recycling pod at the bottom of the hill, and She Who Notices These Things tots them up...

VIP Member
(@kazzi)
Noble Member

:shock: :shock: 20 litre boxes! :shock: :shock:

now I know why bruxy loves portugal so much, she kept that secret from me :lol: :lol:

Page 1 / 3

EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online