Where to buy a Pro-sumer Espresso machine? – Cooking, Food, Wine & Eating Out – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

spartan Fx

Where to buy a Pro-sumer Espresso machine?

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@jordan_zimmerman)
Trusted Member

Hi folks,

We need a new espresso machine and would like to buy local (for service, good support, etc.). Where in the Lisbon area can I buy a high-end, pro-sumer style espresso machine (e.g. Gaggia). I haven't had any luck with Google on this one. I realize I can buy via Amazon but the one we had before needed regular service and I want to make sure I can get it serviced locally.

4 Replies

Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@thomasribatejo)

You may want to consider Portuguese or Spanish rather than Italian made, if you want more local support. There are high end Portuguese ones available like

http://futurete.pt/piccolina-pulsante.html

Machines intended for (semi-) commercial use often last much better, and there are repair places for these everywhere. Consider second-hand refurbished ones, for instance, which may cost a bit more up front than a new Gaggia, but are likely to outlast and outperform one. (I bought one 9 years ago for €350 and have had it cleaned/serviced twice for about €80 a time including parts - still making perfect espresso.) OLX has many, put in maquina café and filter by equipmento de hotelaria.

Otherwise, consider FNAC which online or in larger branches carry "better" domestic machines, or El Corte Inglês. Other electrical stores typically just sell ones that last a year or so, or capsule machines.

3 Replies
Premium Member
(@jordan_zimmerman)

Trusted Member

@thomasandmatthew That's just what I was looking for. I'd rather buy Portuguese too. Thank you!

MaxG
Premium Member
(@maxgravy)

Estimable Member

@jordan_zimmerman I also prefer to buy Portuguese whenever possible. 

🤭

Premium Member
(@jordan_zimmerman)

Trusted Member

😍

Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online