Welcome to the Expats Portugal forum!

Since 2005, this forum has had over 6,000 people sign up and take part in our community.

It is a place for people who want to move to Portugal and for those already living here to meet and share knowledge through our community.

With the recent revamp of the site, we have chosen to keep the forum on the website rather than create a social media group as we know there are people concerned about privacy and who owns their data. Plus there is a wealth of information from the years gone by that we did not want to lose.

But this forum is nothing without your input. So come on in, take a look around, ask questions and answer a few.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please head over to the My Account section and reset your password today.

Anyone in or near A...

Notifications

Anyone in or near Abrantes or Entroncamento?  

Page 1 / 2

JanandGaylin
(@janandgaylin)

Hi

Anyone in or near the area of Abrantes/Entrocomento more specific Constancia/Martinchel? Just purchased a property and going through the pains and aches of sorting it out from well services, timber yards etc. We dont have many neighbours and our portuguese at this stage is as far as ola and obrigado lol.

Many thanks

8 Replies
Astrid
Admin
(@expatsadmin)

Hi

My Portuguese husband grew up in that area. What do you need help with. I can ask him.

I also know on English couple not living too far away.

Astrid

K from VNdB
(@k-from-vndb)

Hi there--we're just between Abrantes and Entroncamento, in Vila Nova da Barquinha. Bought just over two years ago and gradually restoring an older house--partly ourselves, and partly using various local trades.

We're only there part of the year so far, due to family commitments, and will next likely be there in October, from Western Canada.

Can we help? I speak some Portuguese, and am getting to know the local suppliers and services reasonably well.

Kathy

K from VNdB
(@k-from-vndb)

"Just purchased a property and going through the
pains and aches of sorting it out from well services, timber yards etc"

p.s. We used to do most of our shopping for tools, building materials at the AKI at Torres Shopping mall in Torres Novas. It's pretty good.

However, they've recently opened a Brimarche in Entroncamento, right off the highway near the Leclerc big supermarket north of town, and it's closer and very good as well. Seem to have lots of lumber and building materials as well as paint, hardware, some furniture etc.

We also, through our realtor, got hold of an excellent window manufacturer in Entroncamento, who did a great job replacing all our very old windows with new double-paned ones.

K

JanandGaylin
(@janandgaylin)

Hi everyone

Thank you so much for your replies, we are renovating and need something like a number yard where we can order would and want to find out if they deliver at all. We also would like to know how to get hold of a document showing the different parcels that make up the land and if anyone knows what to ask for?

Hope this is making sense lol

Thankbyou again

Page 1 / 2

You need to be a Paid User to create items and comment on this forum

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Over 6,000 members already registered on our forum
  • Post and reply to threads in the Forum (non-members can just view)
  • List products free of charge in Buy, Swap, Sell & Wanted
  • Receive exclusive member benefits and discounts from our partners

Already a member? Log in here

Donate today to gain full accessOnly €20 per year
Share:

Booking.com

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online