Cartaxo Sessions – Festivals – Expats Portugal Community Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

UKTV Banner

Cartaxo Sessions  

Page 1 / 5

VIP Member
(@nickallport)
Honorable Member

Hi folks,

This won't be everyone's cup of tea :D , however with the help of the Camara Municipal and our local Cultural Centre, my little cultural collective is promoting a series of shows at Centro Cultural do Cartaxo. This will be starting in September and if it goes well should become a regular thing. It's all very alternative music, psych/noise and some alt-folk maybe. Our aim is to bring foreign alternative acts to an area of Portugal that they never come to, and at the same time promote some of the excellent local and national Portuguese alternative bands, of which there are many.

So we have our first three shows 8) :

September 21st - The Telescopes (UK) + James Jacket (PT)

October 4th - Dead Skeletons (IS) + Black Leather (PT)

October 26th - Underground Railroad (FR) + Piatcions (IT)

All shows are at Centro Cultural do Cartaxo, €5 tickets, doors open 11.30pm.

Some links:

Dead Skeletons - This will be their first and only show in Portugal this year
The Telescopes - Also playing Porto on Sep 22nd
Underground Railroad - Also playing Porto on Oct 27th
Piatcions - Also playing Porto on Oct 27th
James Jacket - solo set from Les Baton Rouge guitarist
Black Leather - really Velvets/Bunnymen up & coming Lisbon band

We have a couple more to announce before the end of the year. More info here:

Cartaxo Sessions - Associação Cultural
Cartaxo Sessions - Facebook page

Or PM me if you fancy coming to any of the shows.

Cheers, Nick

24 Replies

VIP Member
(@nickallport)
Honorable Member

I'm excited to announce two more Cartaxo Sessions shows this year at in Cartaxo:

November 23rd - Ringo Deathstarr (US) + The Fauns (UK)

December 7th - Lumerians (US) + Black Bombaim (PT)

As before shows are at Centro Cultural do Cartaxo, €5 tickets, doors open 11.30pm.

Ringo Deathstarr - Noisy three-piece from Texas, this is their only show in Portugal this year
The Fauns - Touring with Ringo Deathstarr, these guys are a shoegazey outfit from Bristol
Lumerians - Proper psych stoner rock band from California on their first European tour
Black Bombaim - One of the most exciting bands in Portugal at the moment

Cartaxo Sessions is now supported by Vice PT!

Cheers, Nick

VIP Member
(@nickallport)
Honorable Member

Quick update:

Nuno Calado has an interview with Jón Sæmundur a.k.a. Nonni Dead from Dead Skeletons on his Antena 3 show tonight, broadcast just after midnight (Can be streamed here: http://www.rtp.pt/antena3 ).

SIC Radical has a preview of the Dead Skeletons show tomorrow at 5.30pm, they'll play the video for Dead Mantra (some of it anyway) and there'll be an interview with (probably) me.

Cheers, Nick

VIP Member
(@victoria1st)
Noble Member

Hi, Nick, I like quite a bit of alternative rock and folk and hubby would probably like the noisy three-piece from Texas!

Shame you are so far away ... also, I'm usually just about asleep by 11.30pm! :shock:

Boa sorte!

VIP Member
(@nickallport)
Honorable Member

Thanks Victoria.

I am also not used to the lateness of shows here, but I guess it's the Portuguese way! I'm used to London gigs which are over and done with by 11pm usually.

Cheers, Nick

Page 1 / 5

Explorations Africa Banner Ad

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for limited access to the forum and meet-ups.

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks:

• Receive over €300+ worth of exclusive member benefits from our partners (view current member perks and benefits)
  • Priority access to our Zoom meet-ups and webinars (visit our What’s On Calendar for our next online events)
  • Browse the forum with no advertising (only see or partners)
  • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
  • Get 10% discount off Ask Our Expats services
  • Buy and sell items in our Classifieds forum
  • And last but not least, shout Astrid, Gerry & Carl a beer on Friday 🙂
Join TodayOnly €25 per year

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online