Hawkwind are coming to Valada – Festivals – Expats Portugal Community Forum

Hawkwind are coming...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Blevins Franks

Hawkwind are coming to Valada  

Page 1 / 3

VIP Member
(@nickallport)
Honorable Member

Among others 8), Reverence Festival Valada:

http://blitz.sapo.pt/exclusivo-blitz-historicos-hawkwind-em-novo-festival-de-verao-no-cartaxo=f90881

12/13 September 2014, Parque de Merendas, Valada...

12 Replies

VIP Member
(@forlorn-hope)
Estimable Member

Hi nick,looks good,outdoor location as well and swervedriver!
I should be over in pt then,how would I go about getting tickets?
Is there accommodation available at the Praia fluvial?
I know some near our house have chalets to rent are there similar here?
Nice catch getting hawkwind over,I know they have been having grief with there aborted us tour.

VIP Member
(@nickallport)
Honorable Member

Thanks! I'm really happy about Hawkwind. It'll be their first time in Portugal. And Swervedriver too I think actually. There's a bunch of other new confirmations that will be announced via Blitz in a couple of weeks.

Tickets here: Bilheteira Online

It's €70 for a two day ticket including camping, but if you buy before June 30th it's €55. Tickets can be bought online, or in FNAC, Worten, all Post Offices and various other locations in Portugal.

There's no accommodation in Valada, but there is a hotel in Cartaxo which is 8km away, and a few hotels in Santarem which is about 15km.

The festival will be in the picnic area in Valada, which is really nice, by the Tejo, with the main stage in the adjacent football field. There's a camping area (used by the scouts each year) and a large area for parking. There will also be shuttle buses running between Valada and Reguengo station (Regional from Santa Apolonio in Lisbon).

Cheers, Nick

shll
VIP Member
(@shll)
Trusted Member

Great to hear there are some Hawkwind fans in Portugal! My fiance and I will attend this festival. We have got the tickets and booked the closest hotel as well. It matches up with a work meeting for me near Lisbon... I am friends with some of the bands like White Manna and I have played live 2x with White Hills.. It will be a blast...

peace..scott

VIP Member
(@flannery_k)
Estimable Member

Good to see! :bounce:

Page 1 / 3

Sovereign Group Leaderboard

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for limited access to the forum and meet-ups.

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks:

• Receive over €250+ worth of exclusive member benefits from our partners (view current member perks and benefits)
  • Priority access to our Zoom meet-ups and webinars (visit our What’s On Calendar for our next online events)
  • Browse the forum with no advertising (only see or partners)
  • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
  • Get 10% discount off Ask Our Expats services
  • And last but not least, shout Astrid, Gerry & Carl a beer on Friday 🙂
Join TodayOnly €25 per year

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online