Announcing: The Battle for the Best Place to Live in Portugal! – Forum Etiquette & Announcements – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Announcing: The Battle for the Best Place to Live in Portugal!

Page 1 / 2

Admin
Topic starter
(@carlm)
Estimable Member

Rocky theme music plays in the background

As we prepare for the mass return of tourists and settlers to Portugal's blue skies, green serras and calcada cobbles, let the battle begin to determine - once and for all - the best place to live in this wonderful country...

Who's passionate and proud enough to represent their part of PT, whether it be Porto and North - "the most original region of Portugal"; Central Portugal boasting "great value for property"; Lisbon & Tagus Valley with "the capital's charms and 150km of beaches"; underestimated Alentejo claiming "just 7% of the total population" or the Algarve and its "stunning beaches"?

Each of the 5 regions obviously has its up and down-sides, but which reigns supreme? And who's brave enough to battle it out in front of a curious webinar audience, hoping to making one of them their new home.

Drop me a line if it's YOU and let this battle commence!

See our original article here:

And the video it inspired:

25 Replies

Anonymous

Count me in for the Algarve. I suppose since I complained to Gerry about the descriptive wording in the article about where to live in Portugal, I should volunteer to do my part.

@peggyL

6 Replies
Admin
(@carlm)

Estimable Member

@peggyl I was rather hoping you'd step into the ring 'Prosecco Peggy'. Or should that be the 'Algarvinator'?!

Anonymous

@carlm

Let's just stick with names that I can spell after I have popped the Prosecco open

Admin
(@carlm)

Estimable Member

@peggyl 🤣

Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@anavieira)

@carlm

I´m in for Lisbon & Tagus Valley 🙂

Admin
(@carlm)

Estimable Member

@anavieira great news

tdn
Community Member
(@tdn)

Trusted Member

@peggyl

beating the drums for you Peggy! we do need some clarifications on Algarve.

Anonymous

You know Portugal is amazing with Madeira doesn't make the final cut.

1 Reply
Admin
(@carlm)

Estimable Member

@frozenrope8gmail-com hey Marty, that's a tricky one, do we need to have the autonomous regions battling it out too? Did you see my short video on each of them?

Anonymous

Carl - I guess I root for the autonomous regions a bit, as Alaska is sort of that way in its relationship with the United States. I looked for the video you mentioned, but I haven't located it yet.

2 Replies
Admin
(@carlm)

Estimable Member

@frozenrope8gmail-com You'll find em here Marty -

Anonymous

@carlm Thanks so much Carl! I will watch them today.

Premium Member
(@barry_and_lisa)

Ola! Speaking of places to live. Has anyone seen how many of the rents on idealista are suddenly reducing down to 30-50%? My phone notifications have been going crazy. Is this legitimate or could it be a scam? One that went from €1100 down to €500 a month near Cascais, posted for only 4 hours and then removed. But the "landlord" replied my inquiry saying he lives in Spain and the apartment is available to rent from 2 mos to 8 years. Please let me know if you have heard anything. 

Obrigada!

4 Replies
 Anonymous

@barry_and_lisa I could see how it might be legit. The short term rental market (AirBnB) has been stagnant in Portugal for a year, and Covid rages on. Every day I check to see when USA folks might travel to the EU, and every day there is no news. So moving forward, the short term rental market outlook in the short to midrange is bleak. I am not saying it is legit, what you are seeing, but I would not be shocked if it was.

Admin
(@carlm)

Estimable Member

Hi @barry_and_lisa I mentioned this on the show today, thanks for the prompt

Premium Member
(@barry_and_lisa)

@carlm Obrigada Carl. Can’t wait to be in a time zone where we can join you all on the morning show. You and all the Expats Portgual community have really helped make this a fun and pleasant journey. Like with Expats Everywhere, we always point those who post their struggles on YouTube to Expats Portugal for answers. I know “the struggle” is part of the interest on YouTube. But we know if they need real advice, we are pointing them in the right direction. Cheers!!

Admin
(@carlm)

Estimable Member

@barry_and_lisa thank you SO much, looking forward to your LIVE company (-:

Page 1 / 2

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online