Assistance with your new lifestyle in Portugal - living, shopping, schools, eating out, places to visit and so much more - Page 2 – Forum Etiquette & Announcements – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

[Sticky] Assistance with your new lifestyle in Portugal - living, shopping, schools, eating out, places to visit and so much more

Page 2 / 3

Admin
Topic starter
(@gerry)
Honorable Member

Ask Our Expats

This feature enables members to connect on a one-to-one basis with a local English speaker who can offer personal knowledge about life in Portugal, information on their region and share their lifestyle experience. The Ask Our Expats team are hand selected and we will be adding more people as we go. Some of these members are Portuguese, others are expats who have lived here a long time or just recently moved.

You can view more details and book a consultation via this link: https://expatsportugal.com/ask-our-expats-portugal/

If any members are interested to join the Ask Our Expats team, please send me a PM or email to this link: @expatsportugal.com">ask@expatsportugal.com

Gerry

40 Replies

Premium Member
(@kkcwalton)
Trusted Member

@luise Please let me know when the group is established.  I don't see the Profile section Carl mentioned so any instructions on how to locate the group is appreciated.  Thank you for setting this up.

1 Reply
Admin
(@carlm)

Reputable Member

Premium Member
(@kkcwalton)
Trusted Member

@carlm Thanks Carl!

Premium Member
(@wt)

Has a group been created for Coimbra ? I  have  bought a

house in village about 45 minutes  from there 

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@kkcwalton)

Trusted Member

@wt Hi Wendy!  Yes there is a Coimbra group.  It's small but we'd love to welcome you there. 

To find it, click on the Coimbra tag under the Topic Tags on the right frame of the Threads.  LMK if you don't find it easily.

Please introduce yourself and let us know if we may be of any help.  I'm envious of you already being there... we're still stuck in the US...  but next year will be the year we finally get there.

Best of luck with your new house, KK

Premium Member
(@wt)

Thanks Great to hear  there is a local group  > my house is  in Salgeiral a small village near Coja & Argenil   both 10 minutes away.  We were there  for 2 months  doing  renovation but more work to do . I am going back in September doing a 3 week Portuguese  language course  at Coimbra  university  so it would be good to meet up with any local expats in the city 

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@luise)

Estimable Member

@wt That course sounds interesting Wendy. Do you have details? I looked I was just directed to online resources.

Premium Member
(@wt)

https://www.uc.pt/international-applicants/oportunidades/linguas/portuguese-courses/index/&source=gmail&ust=1629197445954000&usg=AFQjCNFJl0YD7X0Icx5x72DvxkEcr8S8Q w"> https://www.uc.pt/international-applicants/oportunidades/linguas/portuguese-courses/index/

This is link for the course but closing day for September course applications was yesterday I  couldn't get the link to work so have emailed them as was going to do it last February but covid  prevented it  its quite reasonable 355 for 3 weeks intensive course . Next one is February 

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@wt)

I have just started the course at Coimbra university which is good but fast paced

Are there any members living in Coimbra who might like to meet up for a coffee and chat one evening?

Page 2 / 3

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step move to Portugal online course hosted by Carl Munson. Join today and save €100.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online