Rental Property Search – Forum Etiquette & Announcements – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Sovereign Group Leaderboard

Rental Property Search

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@barry_and_lisa)

Hello - Has anyone used [SpotaHome] or LongTermLettings.com? If so, did you find them to be reliable? Prior to finding them, I primarily searched via https://www.idealista.pt/. Please recommend any other search sites you have had success with.

Thank you so much - 

Lisa

7 Replies

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@barry_and_lisa)

So Sorry, after exploring the site, I found [SpotaHome] in the Perks tab. Any insight on LongTermLettings.com is appreciated.

2 Replies
Community Member
(@christinel)

@barry_and_lisa

i found long term letting to be anything but! If you want annual rent, you are probably best to use idealista. We eventually found a rental on there advertised by Remax. All went through very smoothly, English speaking solicitor did the contract. We are still here a year later. Landlord is lovely and we see them often. 

There was a rumour going round that there would be more rentals on the market this year, I haven’t found that to be the case. I think there is less on the market this year than last. 

Premium Member
(@peggyl)

Reputable Member

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@barry_and_lisa)

Ola, Peggie -

Wow! Thank you for the extensive list. We experienced Vila Nova de Gaia, Porto, Sintra, Cascais and Lisbon during our stay in 2019. We were considering a few areas for our first year to explore before settling for more permanent accommodations:

- Lisbon area (Lisbon to Cascais and towns between)

- Setubal (in contact with a couple other Californians who live there)

- Coimbra

2 Replies
Premium Member
(@peggyl)

Reputable Member

@barry_and_lisa

We thought we would prefer the north so we started in the north and worked our way south. When we got to the Algarve, we fell in love. So then we concentrated on the Algarve. That is not to say that all the other areas are not beautiful. Every area has it's own uniqueness. Every area is special. You just need to find the place that's right for you. I had to pull my husband down here screaming & kicking because he wanted to be in the north. Then he toured the algarve! He loves it as much as I do. For more on the differences in house hunting in Pt. vs in the US. See my article on this site.

@peggyL

Premium Member
(@barry_and_lisa)

@peggyl Thanks so much, Peggie. We will definitely keep our mind open and explore a lot. I'm originally from northern CA. Growing up I never lived more than 30 min from the coast. It is what I missed most moving to NC. So wherever we land permanently, it will be a close shot to the water. 

We look forward to connecting with the Expat Portugal family when we finally arrive (hoping for late summer).

Cheers - Lisa

Premium Member
(@peggyl)
Reputable Member

For sure when you get to the Algarve, send me a message.

@peggyL

Wow Wines Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online