Who We Are Updated August 2021 – Forum Etiquette & Announcements – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Martinhall banner
  • Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

[Sticky] Who We Are Updated August 2021

Admin
Topic starter
(@gerry)
Honorable Member

@gerry @astridff @carlm and @sally-in-lisbon you can contact us via the message system or via email at admin @ expatsportugal.com

We are proud to be a Portuguese registered company.

If you would like to be involved in helping us to run this amazing community, please contact us. We will be delighted to hear from you.

Here are a few of the many features you can now access:

Our Forum

There is a wealth of information about Living in Portugal available on our forum. If you cannot see what you are looking for, please use our search function and of course, please always feel free to post your comments and questions. As a start, please introduce yourself and tell us of your interest in Portugal.

Our Morning Shows on Facebook, YouTube and Podcast

The live shows go out every weekday from 9 am Lisbon time. You can listen live via the links on this site or via YouTube or catch the recordings. The shows focus on all aspects of life in Portugal and you can contribute via the chat feature. You will also learn more about our specific live events that feature everything from lifestyle in Portugal to Q&A sessions with professionals that assist with moving to or living in Portugal. If you use YouTube, please subscribe to our channel.  

Our Expats Team

You can connect with a member of our Ask Our Expats team. This team has been carefully chosen by us and are available to provide a one to one 'Lifestyle' consultancy on their areas within Portugal. You can even book an ‘in-person’ tour.

Our Business Associates

By clicking on our Business Directory, you will find a list of our professional associates who can assist with the various aspects of moving to or living in Portugal. In many cases, we have negotiated special deals exclusively available to our members and we are continually adding more.

Thank you for joining and you are very welcome. If you have joined as a Community Member, please consider upgrading to Premium Membership. Not only does this help to support our development efforts but you will also be entitled to the maximum benefits that far outweigh the cost of the upgrade.

Kind regards, Gerry

9 Replies

Premium Member
(@stephenwonders)
Trusted Member

Bom Dia,

I have been a member of expats Portugal since 2014 and have not been looking out for the website for many months because it was clearly undergoing a transformation.

I always preferred this forum to the others that are online, I think it has more of a community feel.

I must congratulate you leaders on what you have created. I can't think of anything to compare for immigrants/ex pats in Portugal.

I am not a fan of the wider social media platforms except youtube and whatsapp so this forum feels like a safer space. 

We have finally bought a house in Portugal near Alcobaca after many years of touring the country to find somewhere that felt right for us.

We bought during the pandemic so it has been a challenging experience. We still have a couple of years to work in the UK before we can make the move permanent.   

Congratulations on your hard work, it has produced something rather awesome. I have upgraded to a premium member to show my support for what you are doing. The website is an invaluable source of information, support and friendship. I love the sessions you run with Portuguese businesses such as ACP and Mia the teacher. I will be taking advantage of both of these so keep it up team.

Obrigado

Stephen

7 Replies
Admin
(@gerry)

Honorable Member

@stephenwonders 

Thank you Stephen for your kind comments and for upgrading to Premium Membership.

We feel we have come a long way from a simple forum and we still have much to do and a long way to go. But we have never lost sight of the excellent community spirit across our membership, something we see as a strength and will continuously work hard to maintain. Of course this only happens through the support of our wonderful members.

Congratulations to you on the house purchase. Alcobaca is a great location and we look forward to assisting you towards your final move.

Thanks again from @astridff, @carlm, @sally-in-lisbon, and yours truly. Much appreciated 👍 

Admin
(@carlm)

Reputable Member

@stephenwonders muito obrigado 😊 and congratulations on choosing an excellent location. Carl

Premium Member
(@stephenwonders)

Trusted Member

@carlm We are enjoying the daily show on youtube. Informative and entertaining. It is amazing to know how many very well informed people we have in the group. Any chance of getting some radio space for the show to go out on dab or fm?

Admin
(@carlm)

Reputable Member

@stephenwonders haha, big licensing fees for that. Would love to do a music show tho (-:

Premium Member
(@stephenwonders)

Trusted Member

@carlm Yes would be good. There are some really good Portuguese stations around Caldas and Alcobaca that play a good mix of English language and Portuguese music. I am getting into Fado, especially the modern stuff. I don't bother with my apple music much in Portugal, we listen to the radio mostly. It is also a good way to learn a bit of Portuguese. It's all part of the adventure.

Admin
(@carlm)

Reputable Member

@stephenwonders great way to learn the lingo. I like national Antena 3 😀

Premium Member
(@stephenwonders)

Trusted Member

@carlm any help in learning Portuguese is welcome 😀

Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@pamalcobaca)

welcome to Alcobaça Stephen, we've been here 6 years and love it!

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online