Gardening Month by Month Calendar – Gardening & Smallholding – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Gardening Month by Month Calendar

2 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Community Member
Topic starter
(@comfortapaul)

Hi all, after a question raised on the GMP Gardening Q&A programme last night regarding what to grow when in Portugal, I thought that I would repost a message from a few months ago.

I found this old article in Portugal Resident online to be a good annual guide for vegetable growing.

PORTUGALRESIDENT.COM "https://www.portugalresident.com/a-year-in-the-vegetable-garden/"
A year in the vegetable garden - Portugal Resident

Also, take a look at your local market stalls as they will have seasonal plants and plugs that grow well in your area and at the fraction of the cost of the UK 😎 

Get out and grow 🌱

1 Reply
Community Member
(@locatorh)

You can grow anything in Portugal. I'm not a native Portuguese. I moved here with my husband from America a few years ago. I like the climate here, the humidity. It has a positive effect on the plants I grow. I like growing tomatoes the most. Every year my husband and I grow it, we lay sticks for the stability of the tomato stems. We wrap it with string, so they don't fall over. Because of the frequent rains, we hardly water it. But there's a steady drought in Europe this year, so we're watering it in buckets. To remember to do this, I made a printout of a calendar from https://www.123calendars.com/august-calendar.html and made notes on the days for watering there. It's easy if you're a responsible person. Would you agree?

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Plus

Exclusive member-only content
€347 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Access to our private online Group
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • Weekly Q&A call with Carl Munson
  • Personal support
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online