'registered' olive trees – Gardening & Smallholding – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

'registered' olive trees

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@christopherdouglas)
Estimable Member

Hi all,
Having got to grips with the situation regarding cutting, not cutting, of cork trees we're now wondering

If a property is described as having 'registered' olive trees on it - does that then require you to do something with them each year?

As they are registered, presumably someone is responsible for checking what is, or isn't, happening to them?

Looking forward to lots of interesting points of view and a few facts

Chris n Hellen

4 Replies

VIP Member
(@shelby)
Famed Member

Hi Chris and Helen,
long time no speak.

I assume when you say "registered" you mean on the official paperwork?

My understanding is that in the good old days this was a way of valuing the property,land and what was on it with regards to paying council tax.

My land had eighteen peach trees "registered" now only one left, we have felled a few olive trees and planted three replacements so not important, what is far more important is the building(s) their size,their original use, ie farm outbuilding now may be converted to living accommodation etc etc. Of much more interest to the council planning dept than a few old trees etc

Gordon.

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@christopherdouglas)
Estimable Member

Hello Gordon, hope you're both we'll :)
Nice to hear you.
The place is advertised as having the registered trees which give a income?
Not that fussed on the income (unless it's money for nothing) but concerned that there is a commitment to maintain them.
Cheers
Chris

VIP Member
(@the-arborist)
Honorable Member

Hi there,

as Shelby has said it was an old system of adding value to the land,
the only restrictions now are for protected trees.

However.... if the Olive trees are `very` old and are registered then there are restrictions.
do they have individual numbers ??

thanks
steve

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@christopherdouglas)
Estimable Member

Hi Steve,
No idea whether they have numbers or not. Now that'll be my next question about the plot.
I'll be back
Cheers
Chris

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online