Rules for building a water store/pond? – Gardening & Smallholding – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Rules for building a water store/pond?

arlo
VIP Member
Topic starter
(@arlo)
Estimable Member

Hi,

I have a stream that runs through my field which dries up for the summer.

I'd like to get a digger in and put in a pond of some sort to store water for the summer (watering crops).

I went to the camara (Lousa) today and was told I need to get an architect's (ie not my) drawing and then pay 60 euros for a permit (or just to start to apply?).

The field is about 30x30 metres and I was thinking of about 5x5 metres for the pond.

We didn't even get as far as discussing the pond size and construction.

If it's a hole in the ground lined with butyl rubber how can an architect come up with a drawing?

Has anyone done something similar. Do you really need all this faff in order to save some water (which will also be available for the bombeiros if there's a fire).

Any idea of the consequences if I dig a hole and line and fill it?

As far as I can tell I could dig a hole in the ground without permission and the hole could fill with rain. The issue seems to be around lining the hole.

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online