And what happens when there is none! – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

spartan Fx

And what happens when there is none!

Community Member
Topic starter
(@martin)
Noble Member

frightening to read how much water is being used (check out the video)

Unsustainable water management continues at Santa Clara Barragem (algarvedailynews.com)

4 Replies

Community Member
(@jeanne)
Estimable Member

So why is a sea of plastic permitted in a national park in the first place?   

Community Member
Topic starter
(@martin)
Noble Member

yes a good question 🤕 

to which we can only surmise ! 

2 Replies
Community Member
(@jeanne)

Estimable Member

@martin   no, really,  is someone paying under the table?  I've also been reading about the huge avocado plantation that was built in the Algarve without permits, destroying areas of native plants. It's got to be happening in plain sight. No one is watching?

Community Member
(@sonia)

@jeanne

I’m sure somebody profits with it not only the company’s involved.

A great problem we have is that we may have good laws but we have few resources and few inspections, so sometimes companies take advantage of that, they build and start working and maybe in a few years they will receive a fine for having no permit or not being compliant with some laws, meanwhile they made profit so they are still ahead.

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online