Are Rental Agreements Required For A D7 Application? – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Serenity Banner
  • Martinhall banner
  • spartan Fx

Are Rental Agreements Required For A D7 Application?

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@alan-tan)

Hi Everyone,  My wife and I are planning on moving over from Canada in early spring next year.  We are about to start our application for the D7 visa from the Portuguese consulate in Vancouver.   We have heard that you need to submit a six months rental agreement as part of your D7 application.  Is that correct?  What if you are not granted a visa but have already committed to a six months lease? 

The Vancouver consulate has an eVISA application portal.  It does not ask for a rental agreement to be submitted but it asks for the name of a person from your hotel, accommodation, etc.   Appreciate your help.  Thanks!

Topic Tags
6 Replies

Community Member
(@aspidistra)
Estimable Member

Hi, to the right of your page you will see there is a radio show that is on You Tube. Scroll down and you will see Portugueuse Visas Update, this radio show covers all those questions really well. 

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@alan-tan)

@aspidistra thanks appreciate it.  I will look up the radio show.

Premium Member
(@hank_2021)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @alan-tan

We have heard that you need to submit a six months rental agreement as part of your D7 application.  Is that correct?

Actually, my understanding is the consulates want a year now.

asks for the name of a person from your hotel, accommodation, etc

Pretty sure hotels and AirBnBs don't count anymore either.

I'd suggest a consultation with Ei! for help.  You can find them in the directory.  They are professional and I've been working with them for awhile and they handle everything.  Really great people.

What if you are not granted a visa but have already committed to a six months lease? 

My understanding is you can break the lease after 3 months.  Maybe you can see about putting a contingency in the lease? 

3 Replies
Premium Member
(@alan-tan)

@hank_2021 thanks for your recommendations!  Will look into it.

Premium Member
(@hank_2021)

Estimable Member

@alan-tan What makes the process worse is that different consulates can follow different rules.  So a consulate in the UK might only require 6 months lease while one in The US might require the full year.

Premium Member
(@alan-tan)

@hank_2021 yes and so I have heard 🙁

• Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • Serenity Banner
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online