Are there any meet and greets in August in Lisbon and/or Porto?? – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

Are there any meet and greets in August in Lisbon and/or Porto??

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@andrew-florida)

My wife and will be in Portugal for the month of August.  Are there any scheduled meets?  I'd like to meet you in person and hear your experiences.
Lisbon Aug 2 - 6, 29-30

Porto Aug 6 - 29

For background, we're both US Citizens, my wife is also a Brazilian.  We speak portugues and lived in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Mendoza, Argentina, and now live in Florida. 

Moving between countries is normal for us.  Sell it all, except the dog, and start fresh.

We're planning on 3 weeks in Porto to explore the area.  We plan to move in January or asap if our D7 comes through.  We're favoring Porto for the cooler weather and lower cost of living.

Please advise.

Tchau.

4 Replies

MaxG
Premium Member
(@maxgravy)
Estimable Member

My wife and I are in Lisbon, been here for three months. I don't know of any expat groups in Lisbon but wish I did. We've met up twice with another expat couple from this forum though. It was great to have an extended conversation with other native English speakers and compare notes. 

Send me a private message and we can meet for coffee or lunch or a drink. 

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@andrew-florida)

@maxgravy 

LOL,  I can identify.

When we lived in Argentina I'd go months without speaking English.  Portugues in the house and Spanish on the street. 

When we returned to the US years later people would ask where I was from. LOL

I'll let you know when we're in Lisbon.

Premium Member
(@awarrenlove)
Eminent Member

My wife and I have been living in Porto for the past week. When you're up here let us know and we can meet for coffee or wine. (Or both!)

Premium Member
(@healthy_move_portugal)
Eminent Member

@andrew-florida welcome,

I am not yet living in Portugal, but have started to learn portugese and from what i found "Brazilian Portugese" is very different from "European Portugese".

So dont be surprised if you do not understand the locals in portugal.

However i am sure you two will manage fine 😉

cheers

Matthias

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online