Assaults on UK NHS staff – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Assaults on UK NHS staff

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@old-bloke)
Noble Member

Apparently assaults on NHS staff in the UK are on the increase, over the last 5 years there has been an average of 193 assaults a day. There is a petition campaigning for a specific law similar to the one that makes it an offence to assault a police officer. If anyone is interested in signing it the petition is here (only UK residents & British Citizens can sign it);

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/176138

3 Replies

VIP Member
(@global-nomad)
Estimable Member

Do you think they check if you are a citizen or not? This is an increasing problem everywhere. Certain drugs (ice) are giving rise to increased aggression and attacks.

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@old-bloke)
Noble Member

I don't know, but there was a story in the media that the petition for a second Brexit referendum had been signed by people who were ineligible, however do the media tell the truth?

VIP Member
(@global-nomad)
Estimable Member

Well if I come across a Brexit reversal petition I'll be singing it! Only to assist my UK brethren....the ones with common sense that is. It looks like Teresa could quickly paint herself into a corner now that the rubber is hitting the road. Not having ones cake and eating it seems to be the message.

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online