Best rates to transfer Sterling pounds into Euros – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• spartan Fx
  • Serenity Banner

Best rates to transfer Sterling pounds into Euros

Page 1 / 2

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@fearless)
Eminent Member

Hello everyone!

I hope you all are enjoying your Sunday in Portugal. Raining in London and I love it. 

I hope someone can give me some good advice on rates transferring a few Sterling Pounds into Euros to a Spanish bank. At the moment I haven't got a Portuguese account yet. Thank you. 

Wish you all a wonderful Sunday in Portugal surrounded by family/friends or just on your own with a nice glass of red Portuguese wine. I am enjoying my lazy-busy Sunday with a glass of good Italian wine. 

Lots of good & positive vibes. 

Thanking you all in advance for your replies.

Karin

12 Replies

Community Member
(@aspidistra)
Reputable Member

Hi there. I have found Wise (previously Transferwise) offer the best and most transparent rates.

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@fearless)

Eminent Member

@aspidistra Hi. I was thinking to try Wise. Thank you.

Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@cabanastavira)

Generally I agree with @aspidistra. However, it depends how you define 'small' amounts. For amounts >£250 (approx) WISE wins but for smaller amounts Azimo does.

2 Replies
Premium Member
(@fearless)

Eminent Member

@cabanastavira Hi. Thank you for your info. I will check Azimo, I have never heard. 

Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@cabanastavira)

@fearless 
We have used Azimo for many years as we tend to drip feed our Pt acount. For larger amounts we look at the 'market' to see who is best at the time.
Sent you a PM.

Premium Member
(@paulr)
Estimable Member

We have only moved money to PT but Spartan FX were transparent in there dealings and got the best rate  They go the extra mile to be helpful. Small company with little overheads but fully secure.

3 Replies
Community Member
(@aspidistra)

Reputable Member

@paulr they have a minimum transfer of £3000 I believe

Admin
(@astridff)

@aspidistra no minimum transfer from Spartan. I used them to transfer money for a small holiday and way less than that.

Premium Member
(@paulr)

Estimable Member

@aspidistra Not sure thats the case, but only sent large amounts using their services.

Admin
(@astridff)

The team at Expats Portugal are please to announce that we have nominated Spartan FX as our offical partner and preferred money exchange company because of the amazing reviews and feedback we are getting from our community.

Both Sarah and Ben from Spartan have also been kind enough to donate their time to Good Morning Portugal as well as our webinars to share valuable information about sending money abroad with our audience.

Thank you

Page 1 / 2

• EI Banner
  • Serenity Banner
  • Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

• Full access to our community Forum
  • Gain access to our exclusive 12 module ‘Moving to Portugal’ video content
  • Guaranteed entry to our interactive webinars
  • Unlock hundreds of €’s in savings and freebies from our partners
  • Browse the forum with no advertising (only see our partners)
  • Receive community support
  • Email support from Expats Portugal team
  • And last but not least, help us grow this website and community
Join Today€97 per year

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online