Best rates to transfer Sterling pounds into Euros - Page 2 – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• spartan Fx

Best rates to transfer Sterling pounds into Euros

Page 2 / 2

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@fearless)
Eminent Member

Hello everyone!

I hope you all are enjoying your Sunday in Portugal. Raining in London and I love it. 

I hope someone can give me some good advice on rates transferring a few Sterling Pounds into Euros to a Spanish bank. At the moment I haven't got a Portuguese account yet. Thank you. 

Wish you all a wonderful Sunday in Portugal surrounded by family/friends or just on your own with a nice glass of red Portuguese wine. I am enjoying my lazy-busy Sunday with a glass of good Italian wine. 

Lots of good & positive vibes. 

Thanking you all in advance for your replies.

Karin

12 Replies

Community Member
(@aspidistra)
Reputable Member

Sarah from Spartan FX had said something about how you could ‘pay the pool man’ using them. When I asked how this worked Neil from Spartan FX said they didn’t normally change money of a value under £3000. Perhaps I have misunderstood something. 
I used them for a large transfer anyway but am sticking to Wise for smaller amounts as their rates as a different kind of animal tend to be the highest certainly I could find.

Actually just a heads up transferring money from UK banks to FX dealers in largish amounts triggered my bank’s fraud system every.single.time so be aware it is worth allowing time to go through processes with the bank of going the FX route was my take on it.

Community Member
(@paulr)
Estimable Member

aspidistra I was Red flagged every time had to go to branch to do all transfer sometimes took an hour to complete Thats Santander . I use Revolut for transfers up to 2000 euros incredible rates being getting 1.17 to the pound.

Page 2 / 2

• Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Plus

Exclusive member-only content
€347 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Access to our private online Group
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • Weekly Q&A call with Carl Munson
  • Personal support
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online