Expats Portugal Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

[Solved] Braga and Guimaraes, Anyone?

24 Posts
4 Users
7 Likes
Community Member
Topic starter
(@s-j)

Making my third trip to Portugal in 12 months this October/November, trying to decide whether and where to move there.  This time I will spend three nights in Porto, three in Braga, three in Guimaraes.  Anyone in the Forum living there (particularly Braga or Guimaraes) who might be interested in a coffee and sharing thoughts on what it's like to live there as an expat?  Online info is also appreciated.  Thanks!

23 Replies

Community Member
(@anamiras)

Hi Joseph! Not an expat yet but my husband (also a Joseph) And I are staying in Braga for a couple months, just feeling it out. 

We'll be here until the end of October. Nit sure how much useful info we'll have for you but happy to grab a coffee when you're in town. 

Cheers!

2 Replies
Community Member
(@s-j)

@anamiras Thanks!  Unfortunately I'll be in Guimaraes November 2 to 5, and I think you might already be gone!  I had to switch my days in Guimaraes with my days in Braga.  I hope you've been loving your time there!   Joseph

Community Member
(@anamiras)

@s-j It's been so lovely! You will love it. 🙂

(@Anonymous 8814)

We are moving to a town near Guimaraes in a couple of weeks. Would be happy to have a coffee if you are still in the region. 

12 Replies
Community Member
(@s-j)

@ralf Awesome!  I'll be in Guimaraes November 2 to 5.  Joseph

(@Anonymous 8814)

@s-j Excellent. We should be around on those dates, unless something goes off the rails.

Community Member
(@s-j)

@ralf great!  i don't know what my phone number will be, as I am going to buy a sim card or a temp phone when i get there, but my email is jcocucci@gmail.com

Community Member
(@s-j)

@ralf My sincere apologies!  My time in Guimaraes got cut short, though I did look at a few apartments.  I wound up buying in Vila Nova de Gaia when all was said and done.  Sorry we did not get to connect!

(@Anonymous 8814)

@s-j No worries! We got delayed in getting to Portugal as I got covid. Had to wait until I wasn't a risk to others, so we just got here two days ago. Happy to hear you found a place on Vila Nova de Gaia! Best wishes!

Premium Club Member
(@kilichick)

@ralf how are you doing ? Hope you are settling well there. See you soon 

Community Member
(@s-j)

@ralf the contract will be signed Monday.  I won't be moving over permanently for a few years but will be spending some time each year.  right now i plan to come over in  April or May for a few weeks.

(@Anonymous 8814)

@kilichick Doing ok. I’m really tired but hard to sleep and rest as there is so much I want to do now that I’m here. How are you doing?

Premium Club Member
(@kilichick)

@ralf I am doing very well thanks. If is very cold here in the uk 

Congratulation for getting to that stage. I am still looking for a property via Vitor.  See you soon

Community Member
(@s-j)

@kilichick @ ralf   Hi to both of you!  For some reason, probably because you were both chatting with me, whenever the two of you message each other it is coming to me and whenever I try to message ralf it goes to kilichick.  I thought you would want to know in case you ever want to say something to each other privately.  It might be good to start a new thread.

(@Anonymous 8814)

@kilichick Hopefully you find a great place! They are building some new houses in my neighborhood. Maybe I’ll send you a photo or two.

Community Member
(@s-j)

@ralf  thanks!  best wishes as you continue the search!  I mentioned to another member that there is a very good realtor in Guimaraes with whom I worked when I thought of buying there.  His name is Adriano Carvalho, he has a ReMax office just a few steps from the Guimaraes train station.  I highly recommend him.

Premium Club Member
(@kilichick)

Help! I am playing yo buy in Braga and have spent a lot of money on these relocation agents but no good outcome. Is there anyone here who can direct me to someone who can find a property for me? Bragg or Guimarais. As near to town as possible. Been to both places twice but nothing is happening. 

4 Replies
(@Anonymous 8814)

@kilichick Our house is near Guimaraes. I might be able to assist you in your search, but I am not a real estate person. Also, not currently in Portugal but hoping to be in two weeks.

Community Member
(@s-j)

@kilichick In Guimaraes there is a great realtor named Adriano Carvahlo.  He works with ReMax and his office is a 15 second walk from the train station.  Even though I would up buying near Porto, he was fantastic in helping me find places in Guimaraes and I recommend him highly.

Premium Club Member
(@kilichick)

thanks Joseph will try them

Community Member
(@s-j)

@kilichick Cool!  He was very helpful to me even when he knew I might buy near Porto instead of Guimaraes.

Premium Club Member
(@kilichick)

Thank you Ralf.  Do you know any locals there? I saw two properties that I'm like but have not contacted the estate agents yet. What do you suggest I approach this? I don't know how much time you have in hand to assist when you get there. My number is 07859049827. Email jacquimmari@yahoo.co.uk. 

1 Reply
(@Anonymous 8814)

@kilichick Ok, I sent you an email

Share: