Calling all Football Fans – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Calling all Footbal...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Booking.com

Calling all Football Fans  

RSS

(@gerry)
Estimable Member Admin
01/06/2020 5:18 pm  

We are keen to start a Football Group to share interests in 'The Beautiful Game'.

This could include anything about football in any country and perhaps also exchange information on the Portugal leagues, matches and performances. We might even get a few 'Expat Friendlies' going. Another example is there is a very successful Walking Football league in Algarve but as far as I know, this is not available in other regions.

So whether you are a player or just a keen fan, please let me know if you are interested and I'll set up the group and get everybody introduced. 

Ker and astridff liked
 Ker
(@ker)
Active Member Premium Member
04/06/2020 6:52 pm  

Gerry, while holidaying in Vila Nova de Milfontes earlier this year, I did my utmost to introduce the idea to the local club which, to my eye, was perfect for Walking Football. The artificial pitch was completely unused during the week and there were plenty of ex-footballers in the town doing not very much at all really.

Frustratingly, I could not get the club motivated and after the Coronavirus lockdown began, that was that. 

Would love to try this again the next time we visit the north for our property search. 

ReplyQuote
(@lincolnbaggie)
Estimable Member Admin
04/06/2020 7:05 pm  

I help with the very successful East Algarve Walking Football club, and we’ve recently (before the lockdown) started vets full football as well. We’re always up for a friendly, or could even give you some advice on starting a walking football club. Check out https://walkingfootballalgarve.com/ for more details

ReplyQuote
(@lincolnbaggie)
Estimable Member Admin
04/06/2020 7:07 pm  

I’m up for joining the group as the SC Olhanense (and West Brom) correspondent.

ReplyQuote
(@gerry)
Estimable Member Admin
05/06/2020 2:35 pm  

We now have 4 members interested to join, so we can kick-off.

Are there other members who would like to be involved???

ReplyQuote

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Join any Group within our Online Community
    • Get social on Zoom meet-ups and webinars
    • Include your local events in our events calendar
    • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
    • Receive exclusive member benefits and discounts from our partners
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €20 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online