Cannabis / hemp - canna worms? – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Cannabis / hemp - canna worms?

8 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
Premium Member
Topic starter
(@dan-marshall)

Hi new friends, 

I enjoyed being on Carl's Show this morning and talking about all things 'hemp' related in Portugal and beyond.

I work with a company called Kannaway, and myself and colleagues run (usually weekly) webinars which include general information on the science behind CBD from hemp, and why people take it.

If of interest, let me know and I'll get you the link(s).

Happy Tuesday!
Dan

Topic Tags
7 Replies

Premium Member
(@ericj)

@dan-marshall I just got finished watching today's Show on replay as I currently live in the US.  Thanks for your extremely informative presentation regarding the benefits of CBD.  I look forward to doing additional research on the products... 

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@dan-marshall)

@livinginusa thanks very much, Eric, and for tuning in from the US! I'm glad to know you found it helpful. I know Carl put it in the Show comments but this site is worth repeating for the database of trials around the world + general education: www.echoconnection.org/education.
And the products can be seen here: www.helpmetohemp.com
Have a good day there..

Community Member
(@curiousredhead)

I'm also in the U.S. and so watched the show on replay.

I decided to try CBD cream (500 mg) for my rosacea and it has worked miracles. I've tried many remedies, both prescribed and natural/homeopathic, but nothing has ever been this effective. It both prevents and lessens the impact of breakouts.

Questions for Dan--do you happen to know the meaningful differences between CBD concentrations for topicals? (Other than the higher the concentration, the more expensive they are.) Would moving up from 500 mg to a higher concentration likely make a difference? Does it reach a point where higher concentrations (e.g. 1000 mg or more) are not likely to be more effective?

Thanks!!!

2 Replies
Premium Member
(@dan-marshall)

@curiousredhead, I see I'm only a year late to reply! I'm sorry. 
If you'd still like to know.. that's a good question about CBD concentrations in topicals - and it depends who you ask. Many people think that moving up to very high concentrations will NOT make a significant difference - partly because the body can't usefully absorb large quantities of CBD anyway. 

And as an example, we do a 50mg CBD Salve in Europe which is extremely effective; we also do one in the States that has 500mg; some people find it more effective; others say they feel no difference. 

Since your 500mg CBD cream is working so well already, my feeling is there's no point moving up to one containing more.

Best, Dan

Community Member
(@curiousredhead)

@dan-marshall I do appreciate the information, even if it was a year in the making. No worries!  Gina

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@dan-marshall)

Hi everyone, and thank you for adding this clarification, @blaze451
Yes, the legal limit on THC in cannabis oil sold as a food supplement / over the counter in Portugal and most of Europe is 0.2%. Many companies go down the route of 0% in products, for ease.

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@dan-marshall)

Hi everyone, this is not exactly a reply, but..
I'll be at the Better Living in Portugal Show with a CBD & CBG stand this weekend if any of you are near Portimão and want to ask me questions in person and try some oils. Details of the Show are at www.bliportugal.com (I'm on Stand S21).

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year

Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Full access to community Forum
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal" guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Guaranteed entry to our Migration Tuesdays Visa & Immigration Show
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Plus

• We are no longer taking applicants for this program
  • Look out for new features on our new site coming soon