D7 visas arrived today.....update on VFS turnaround time for us – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Sovereign Group Leaderboard

D7 visas arrived today.....update on VFS turnaround time for us

Page 1 / 2

JAR
Premium Member
Topic starter
(@jar)
Trusted Member

BIG DAY!

For those who have mentioned difficulties w/VFS in San Francisco, we received our visas exactly 30 days after they emailed us confirming that our docs were processed (including tracking #s for our passports w/visa being returned to us).

Our appt was on 2/5; it went very smoothly (2 appts were made but they did one appt for us together). Not trusting FedEx, we decided to hand deliver all our docs (as we live close to SF). 

We have to give a huge shout out to Ei Migrante (Gilda, Cristina and Ana) for their incredible service and to the expat community for all of the answers to our many ?s.

In a desire to pay all of our gratitude forward, we would be happy to answer any questions you might have about the D7 visa process.

Julie & Phil (headed to Lisbon in April 😎 👍 🍒 (lookin' forward to those cherries that we've been hearin' about)!

10 Replies

Ralf
Premium Member
(@ralf)

Congrats to you! Ei (Gilda, Cristina, Ana) are great. They work hard and care. I have had trouble with FedEx. I had a package stuck in Lisbon for 3 months. It is a long story. I will eventually end up in SF as Alaskans have to go to San Francisco for the D7 process. 

Way to go, Julie and Phil! I envy you as you will be in Portugal before I will.

1 Reply
 JAR
Premium Member
(@jar)

Trusted Member

@ralf

Oh Ralf...I am so sorry to hear that about you and FedEx. Alaska to SF; hopefully you can be in the bay area and enjoy some nice weather if you have an extra day or two.

We could not have done this w/out Ei....selling our house of 22 years, giving away and donating 80% of our belongings. A little busy on our end and they made the process as easy as possible for us.  

Keep us posted on your progress Ralf!

Premium Member
(@longhornlady)
Eminent Member

I never heard a word from VFS but my appointment in San Francisco was 29 January and I received my passport with my visa 8 March.

Very quick and excited to be on my way soon.

Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@anavieira)

Congratulations Julie and Phil!!
🍾 🥂 🍒 

😉

2 Replies
 JAR
Premium Member
(@jar)

Trusted Member

@anavieira

Thank you Ana. You too have been super helpful and it is good to be back in touch w/you again as that means progress on our end!

Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@anavieira)

@jar

I´m very happy to help you 🙂

Admin
(@gerry)
Reputable Member

Thank you all for your kind comments and I have passed these on to Gilda and her team. Great to see the difficult part coming to an end and now you can start enjoy the exciting part. 😊 

Page 1 / 2

Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online