Drivers Needed - UK to Lisbon – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• spartan Fx

Drivers Needed - UK to Lisbon

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@frango)

Dear all,

I have two cars in the UK that need to be driven to Sintra.  My partner and I are not able to drive them personally due to some family illness issues we have in Portugal that mean we can not travel at the present time and leave vulnerable family members.

So I wondered if any members wanted and were available to fly from PT to UK, drive the cars from Bristol to Portsmouth, ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao, then drive to Sintra (Lisbon).  The round trip would be about 4 days I think and quite good fun.

All expenses would be paid plus £1000 per person for your time.  If you wanted to get to the UK earlier for personal reasons, that would be fine too.

Persons must be over 40, with a full and clean UK driving license, and be excellent drivers.

Cars will be ready to drive to the UK from 24 September.

Do get in touch if this is of interest.  I would prefer one person to do both cars, so a couple (but not necessarily a 'couple' if you know what I mean).

Kind regards,

James Wilcox

jswilcox@me.com

10 Replies

VIP Member
(@barlaventoexpert)
Honorable Member

Good Afternoon,

Must drivers be holders of UK Driving Licenses or would a full clean Portuguese Licenses be acceptable?

5 Replies
Premium Member
(@frango)

@barlaventoexpert I think PT licensees would be fine, but insurance might be bit more difficult to arrange.  I will send you a PM.

Kind regards,

James

Premium Member
(@boxertwin)

@frango I may be interested in helping out here and have the time once we get into October. May I ask what the vehicles are? You can pm me if you prefer

Premium Member
(@boxertwin)

I have a neighbour who would be interested also 

Premium Member
(@frango)

@boxertwin Thank you for your message. Cars are an Audi RS5 and BMW 520.  I have a few options to consider so will now do that and chat to my insurers.  I will be back in touch when I have done that.

Kind regards,

James

Premium Member
(@boxertwin)

@frango - James I understand, let me know if the road trip is your preferred option and I will pm you to set up a Skype or zoom call

John 

Premium Member
(@tygger)
Estimable Member

Another option could be get someone [me 😉 ] to drive them to Portsmouth and put them on the ferry to Santander, then you or others meet the ferry and drive them to Sintra, could be a more cost effective option.

2 Replies
Premium Member
(@frango)

@tygger I do not think this will work as they must be driven/accompanies at all times.

Premium Member
(@tygger)

Estimable Member

@frango Maybe there's a difference with your insurance, but I've done this several times between France and the UK, the only time that the cars are unattended are when they're on the ship and then they have to be unattended as you're not allowed on the car deck when the ship has finished loading.

Community Member
(@martin)
Famed Member

have you asked any of the removal firms in the algarve..I remember seeing range rovers etc being unloaded by algarve removers for clients who wanted a car for their 6 month holiday villa stay but didn't want to drive it here...the car was then shipped back at end of season

• Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Plus

Exclusive member-only content
€347 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Access to our private online Group
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • Weekly Q&A call with Carl Munson
  • Personal support
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online