Ever used fruugo.pt? – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Ei! Migration Banner

Ever used fruugo.pt?  

Admin
(@gerry)
Reputable Member

Does anyone have experience of using this online store? They seem to get mixed reviews and not sure they are truly based in Portugal.

The particular products I want (shirts) cannot be delivered to Portugal by Amazon UK, Spain or Germany but I can get them from fruugo.pt. 

Really appreciate any comments.

Many thanks

Gerry 

2 Replies

VIP Member
(@barlaventoexpert)
Honorable Member

Gerry,

This type of forensic research is is one of my specialities!

The following information is all sourced from public domain sites.

Fruugo.com Ltd is a UK Company listed at Companies House in the UK under Company Number 06553460

Fountain Street House, Fountain Street, Ulverston, Cumbria, LA12 7EQ, UK

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06553460/persons-with-significant-control

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06553460

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06553460/officers

Whois Website registration details for fruugo.com are

Registrant Organization: Fruugo.com Ltd, 13 Fountain Street, Ulverston, LA12 7EQ, GB
Registrant Phone: +44.1619380150

On checking the Portuguese domain registry dns.pt, the domain fruugo.pt is also registered to the above address in the UK via a company in Luxembourg. (See attached pdf)

I also checked Company NIF registrations in Portugal via nif.pt and Fruugo does no appear to have a local NIF Number. Also their is no Portuguese registered address on the Portuguese site and the links for privacy and terms link back to their contacts page in Portuguese.

So I assess that all language versons of fruugo.com link back to a UK-based company. 

A final point. IMO, the Portugal version of the site does not comply with EU GDPR regulations.

I suspect after 31/12/2020, the company may incur problems trading in Europe.

If you send me details of the shirts you want via pm or other, I'll see if they can be sourced from elsewhere in the EU.

I'd be very wary!

Take care

Chris

Admin
(@gerry)
Reputable Member

Wow. Thank you @barlaventoexpert for the amazing research and I will heed your advice.

I have since found a shop in Portugal that stocks the items and I plan to visit them but thanks also for your offer to research further.

By the way, assuming there is a Portuguese equivalent to Companies House can you advise the site address please.

Best regards

Gerry

Ei! Migration Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for limited access to the forum and meet-ups.

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks:

• Receive over €250+ worth of exclusive member benefits from our partners (view current member perks and benefits)
  • Priority access to our Zoom meet-ups and webinars (visit our What’s On Calendar for our next online events)
  • Browse the forum with no advertising (only see or partners)
  • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
  • Get 10% discount off Ask Our Expats services
  • And last but not least, shout Astrid, Gerry & Carl a beer on Friday 🙂
Join TodayOnly €25 per year

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online