Fed ex from Lisbon to the USA – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Fed ex from Lisbon to the USA

7 Posts
2 Users
5 Likes
Community Member
Topic starter
(@konni)

Anyone sent docs back to the US via Fed Ex recently?  Did they arrive and arrive timely? Just wondering if Fed Ex works or if we should DHL instead? Thanks.

Topic Tags
6 Replies
Admin
(@jonesdn2020)
Illustrious Member

We have done the reverse. I would imagine the cost would be the same? It depends on the weight and where in the USA. We have a 33% success rate of getting FedEx deliveries here in Lisbon on time. They eventually get delivered. 

We are having my Mother just send a test envelope using the USPS international stamp. I suspect it will get delivered faster here in Lisbon than FedEx.

The issue here is local delivery in Portugal. I don't think there are any issues going to the US.

4 Replies
Community Member
(@konni)

@jonesdn2020  - thanks! We used DHL to send docs to Ei! from the US but now need to send docs back to the Title Company in the US and they use Fed Ex.  (will be interesting to see how your Mail experiment turn out.)

Admin
(@jonesdn2020)

Illustrious Member

@konni Did you have any issues with DHL delivering here. When we send through FedEx most of the time it goes from out for delivery to delayed.

Community Member
(@konni)

@jonesdn2020 No issues.  Ei! received it within a couple of days.  We were told to use DHL to send docs to Portugal and not to use Fed Ex. So that's why I'm wondering if anyone using Fed Ex to send outside Portugal has had any issues.

Admin
(@jonesdn2020)

Illustrious Member

@konni My mother sent a letter yesterday and put 2 dollars of stamps on it. I guess she did not want to go to the USPS office and get an international stamp for a dollar forty.

She normally does that when sending letters to our relatives in Ireland and Scotland. 

She says she averages 1 week sending to relatives there.

She is in Arizona.

Community Member
Topic starter
(@konni)

To follow up on my Fed Ex question: last week we sent our documents out via Fed Ex in Porto. We took the Metro line toward the airport and got off at the second to last stop (Botica) and the Fed Ex office was a short walk away. We sent the package on a Wednesday afternoon and it arrived in northern California on Friday afternoon.

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Full access to community Forum
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal" guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Plus

• We are no longer taking applicants for this program
  • Look out for new features on our new site coming soon

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal