FYI New residents with covid vaccinations from non-EU – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

FYI New residents with covid vaccinations from non-EU

Page 1 / 2

Community Member
Topic starter
(@comfortapaul)
Eminent Member

Hi there,

If you have recently become a resident but have had your covid-19 vaccinations in a non-EU country, you can now have the record if these vaccinations added to your Portuguese health records and, in so doing, obtain the Certificado Digital COVID da UE.

To access the Certificado Digital COVID da UE and QR code, you must have a utente number (ie have registered with the health service in Portugal), provide your local Centro de Saude with evidence of your vaccinations, download the recently updated SNS 24 app. The Certificado Digital COVID da UE can then be downloaded from the app.

When your records have been updated a document icon will appear in the top right hand corner of the app and a new covid-19 button option will appear in your favorites.

Hope this assists,

PLL

10 Replies

Premium Member
(@itexpert7)
Estimable Member

Which sort of vaccines do they accept from non-EU countries?
A lot of people outside EU have the Russian or Chinese vaccines. Will those be accepted?

1 Reply
Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@thomasribatejo)

@itexpert7 it will need to be an EU approved vaccination

Community Member
Topic starter
(@comfortapaul)
Eminent Member

@ThomasRibatejo is correct - only those vaccines approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) will be included on the certificado.

Link to currently EMA approved covid-19 vaccines:

Hope this assists,

PaulLouiseLottie

Premium Member
(@vianina)
Eminent Member

This worked brilliantly. I emailed my foreign vaccination certificate to the health center yesterday with my Número de Utente. By this evening I had the EU certificate available in the app. Genuinely impressed!

2 Replies
Premium Member
(@itexpert7)

Estimable Member

@vianina 
Could you please tell us, what country do you come from and which vaccine was it?

Premium Member
(@vianina)

Eminent Member

@itexpert7 , I got the vaccine in Switzerland and it was Pfizer.

Premium Member
(@longhornlady)
Trusted Member

Hello All: I received my residency but have been having difficulties getting any response from SNS to get my Utente. 

Went to the office and they sent us away with an email address. I emailed my information twice and the only reply I have gotten is an email address where I need to send my information. Of course, the address is the one where I already sent it!

2 Replies
Premium Member
(@vianina)

Eminent Member

@longhornlady , this is unfortunately a known issue. The Brits in Portugal Facebook page of the UK embassy has a recent post on the matter.

Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@thomasribatejo)

@longhornlady A couple of newly-arrived friends have been through the same rigmarole.  They re-visited the Centro de Saúde, with a print-out of the circular correspondence by e-mail, and smiled and appealed to the staff there... and eventually they registered them!  The e-mail process was introduced in response to COVID, as previously it was pretty much always in person... and the capacity for them to do it in person was not removed.  So, politely insist that you're getting nowhere with the e-mail as a next step, I'd suggest.

Page 1 / 2

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online