GAME: Where are you from and live now? – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

GAME: Where are you from and live now?  

Page 1 / 3

Admin
(@astridff)

Over the past few months, we have been excited to see so many new people join our community and many returning members from the old format. I thought it would be a good idea to get to know each other a bit better.

If you want to participate, please mention where you are from and where you are living right now (can be Portugal or abroad). You may discover other people who are close by or at the same stage in their journey as you. I will start...

DID YOU KNOW: You can "connect" with other community members by searching for their username and send private messages via Profile section of your account?

I am from Australia and live between Sintra/Belas and our country home in Castelo de Vide! Have two daughters aged 10 and 12

33 Replies

VIP Member
(@ctaniab)
Eminent Member

Bom dia, a todos.    We are from England, currently still here but moving to central Portugal in the next couple of weeks - it's been a long and frustrating wait, but the borders are finally open, the ferry is booked, the van is packed, we're good to go....  Yey!   Our new home is between Tábua and Oliveira do Hospital.  

4 Replies
Premium Member
(@jives)

Eminent Member

@ctaniab so exciting moving countries 😎 Good luck 🍒 

VIP Member
(@ctaniab)

Eminent Member
Posted by: @jives

@ctaniab so exciting moving countries 😎 Good luck 🍒 

Thanks, Jives 👍 

Admin
(@astridff)

@ctaniab you must be so excited. Looking forward to following your journey 🙂

Premium Member
(@chocolate)

Eminent Member

@astridff 

Hi Astrid how do you do a private message via the Profile area please. I can’t seem to find a place to search for a username. Unless I’m just being a bit dim 😂 

VIP Member
(@hartmill)
Estimable Member

Welcome! Have a safe journey down, and enjoy your life in this wonderful country.

1 Reply
VIP Member
(@ctaniab)

Eminent Member
Posted by: @hartmill

Welcome! Have a safe journey down, and enjoy your life in this wonderful country.

Thanks, Hartmill 👍 

Premium Member
(@wayneb)
Eminent Member

We are from Tamworth in the UK and are moving to central Portugal in Alcaria near Porto de Mos while we design and build our home in Alvados the next village along.

3 Replies
Admin
(@lincolnbaggie)

Estimable Member
Posted by: @wayneb

We are from Tamworth in the UK and are moving to central Portugal in Alcaria near Porto de Mos while we design and build our home in Alvados the next village along.

I spent my early years (up to age 9) just down the road from Tamworth (a small village called Harlaston) and still have family in Lichfield.

Born at Walsall hospital, lived in Burntwood, then Harlaston, then Bucks till University (and all over the UK after that). Now happily ensconced in Moncarapacho, near Faro, in the Algarve...

Premium Member
(@wayneb)

Eminent Member

@lincolnbaggiei know it well. I used to cycle through there to get to work at Fradley Junction!

Admin
(@lincolnbaggie)

Estimable Member
Posted by: @wayneb

@lincolnbaggiei know it well. I used to cycle through there to get to work at Fradley Junction!

We lived across the road from the pub (although I never went in there for obvious reasons). I remember it being a lovely village but haven't been back for 40 odd years now...

VIP Member
(@peterfc)
Famed Member

Hi All

I have two name so first Scouse Pete ans because of my business Spice Pete.

The Scouse may give the game away i am from Liverpool but the Blue part Everton FC.

I live in a village few a Kilometers from a place called Gois in central Portugal

Peter

2 Replies
Premium Member
(@jives)

Eminent Member

@peterfc and I'm enjoying working my way through your blog 

embu
Community Member
(@embu)

Eminent Member

I currently live in St Helens, Lancs, UK and hoping to move to Somewhere east of Coimbra in the Gois kind of area. But not made any decisions yet - need to do a recce...!  This forum is proving a big part of my research though! I have always gone for 'word of mouth' recommendations and anecdotes rather than purely information on websites and that's why this forum is a great resource...

@peterfc So I currently live not too far away from where you originated from and may well end up in a similar area to where you are now!!  😀  

Page 1 / 3

Live and Invest Portugal

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for limited access to the forum and meet-ups.

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks:

• Receive over €250+ worth of exclusive member benefits from our partners (view current member perks and benefits)
  • Priority access to our Zoom meet-ups and webinars (visit our What’s On Calendar for our next online events)
  • Browse the forum with no advertising (only see or partners)
  • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
  • Get 10% discount off Ask Our Expats services
  • And last but not least, shout Astrid, Gerry & Carl a beer on Friday 🙂
Join TodayOnly €25 per year

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online