GAME: Where are you from and live now? - Page 2 – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum
GAME: Where are you...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Sovereign Group Leaderboard

[Sticky] GAME: Where are you from and live now?  

Page 2 / 3
  RSS

(@astridff)
Active Member Admin
02/07/2020 8:59 am  

Over the past few months, we have been excited to see so many new people join our community and many returning members from the old format. I thought it would be a good idea to get to know each other a bit better.

If you want to participate, please mention where you are from and where you are living right now (can be Portugal or abroad). You may discover other people who are close by or at the same stage in their journey as you. I will start...

DID YOU KNOW: You can "connect" with other community members by searching for their username and send private messages via Profile section of your account?

I am from Australia and live between Sintra/Belas and our country home in Castelo de Vide! Have two daughters aged 10 and 12

Chocolate, Jives and gerry liked
(@astridff)
Active Member Admin
02/07/2020 6:29 pm  

@ctaniab you must be so excited. Looking forward to following your journey 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@wosiebeegs)
Eminent Member Community Member
02/07/2020 6:43 pm  
Posted by: @astridff

@wosiebeegs how exciting - bring cool clothes, the weather is pretty hot this weekend 🙂

Yeah, we've seen that @astridff, not looking forward to that much heat, hopefully there'll be a bit of a wind too!

ReplyQuote
(@jives)
Eminent Member Premium Member
02/07/2020 7:04 pm  

@ctaniab why do I need a fighting chance with Camara if we are Brexited? You are scaring me 😧 

ReplyQuote
(@ctaniab)
Eminent Member VIP Member
02/07/2020 7:10 pm  
Posted by: @jives

@ctaniab why do I need a fighting chance with Camara if we are Brexited? You are scaring me 😧 

Sorry, Jives, don't mean to scare you.  My understanding is that the key residency qualification for other European citizens is proof  of property ownership or rental for at least 3 consecutive months; so if there's no agreement reached for extending Brexit and we do leave on 31st December, that gives you a deadline of end of September.  Perhaps others can provide more information? 

Jives liked
ReplyQuote
(@wosiebeegs)
02/07/2020 7:29 pm  

I asked the IOM, who Gerry kindly put me in touch with through this forum, about residency and timings, and I got this reply this morning from them: 

"As EU citizens, you and your husband have the right to legally reside in Portugal for 3 months. It is usually said that within 30 days after the first three months of entering the national territory, you must make sure to register in the city hall of the area of residence and obtain a certificate of registry for EU citizens. Nevertheless, you can register as soon as you arrive to Portugal - which I recommend you do upon your arrival in October."

Which put my mind at rest!

Jives liked
ReplyQuote
(@jives)
02/07/2020 8:13 pm  

@ctaniab but as UK or Brit we wouldn't need property from the get go. Interesting.  

ReplyQuote
(@wosiebeegs)
02/07/2020 9:09 pm  
Posted by: @jives

@ctaniab but as UK or Brit we wouldn't need property from the get go. Interesting.  

You still need to prove residency, but that can be done with a tenancy agreement rather than house deeds.

ReplyQuote
(@peggyl)
Trusted Member Community Member
07/07/2020 10:52 pm  

I was born & raised in Northern Virginia in the US, My husband was born in West Palm Beach, Florida

We met at a military hospital in Ft. Bragg, North Carolin and traveled all over including a tour of duty in the Netherlands. After the Army, we lived in North Carolina a few years then to Northern Kentucky where we spent the past 25 years. Have raised 4 children who all flew the coop. We decided to move to someplace interesting so they would visit often. Let's face it, who wants to come back to Northern Kentucky for a vacation? 

Now we are residents here. had a small townhouse near Alcantarilha but moved to a larger 4-bedroom house in December. Now located in Pêra, just north or Armação de Pera and overlooking the bird sanctuary and the ocean is 1 k away. Loving retired life.

embu and wayneski liked
ReplyQuote
(@chocolate)
04/08/2020 6:57 am  

@astridff 

Hi Astrid how do you do a private message via the Profile area please. I can’t seem to find a place to search for a username. Unless I’m just being a bit dim 😂 

ReplyQuote
(@gerry)
Reputable Member Admin
04/08/2020 11:23 am  

Hi Elaine,

Quickest way is to click on the username under their profile picture or anywhere you see the @ sign in front of the name. This will open up that user's profile and you can click on Message.

Alternatively, you can click on Members at the top of this page, enter the username in the search function and you will get to their profile.

ReplyQuote
(@chocolate)
04/08/2020 12:01 pm  

@gerry thank you Gerry. I’ll do that. Also I was reading your post from a little while back asking if anyone fancied joining you in forming a band. I told Andrew about that as he used to sing and play guitar in a band way back and before I knew him so you never know you may have an auditionee 😂😂

ReplyQuote
(@gerry)
Reputable Member Admin
04/08/2020 12:32 pm  

Sounds good Elaine. 

'Andrew and the Expats' has a certain ring to it.

This time next year, we'll be millionaires............ 🙂  

embu and astridff liked
ReplyQuote
(@chocolate)
04/08/2020 12:58 pm  

😂 oh an Only Fools and Horses fan too. Cosmic. Say hello to one of theee biggest fans ever! I even have their alarm clock 😂

ReplyQuote
(@astridff)
Active Member Admin
04/08/2020 2:27 pm  

@wosiebeegs how did you go with the viewing of your house? Did you proceed?

ReplyQuote
(@wosiebeegs)
04/08/2020 2:34 pm  

Hi @astridff, thank you for remembering! We loved the house and the area. We put in an offer, which was accepted 🤤 We've had a survey done and are now we're just waiting for the other side to approve the draft contract, guess then we'll exchange!

embu liked
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3

Ei! Migration Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Receive exclusive member benefits from our partners: view current offers
      • Priority access to our Zoom meet-ups and webinars
      • Join any Group within our Online Community
      • Include your local events in our events calendar
      • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €25 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online