Get out and visit Portugal – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Ei! Migration Banner

Get out and visit Portugal  

Admin
(@gerry)
Reputable Member

I am sharing the following article from the President of Portugal. I believe this is something many of us expats can do to assist the recovery of our adopted country. I hope you can agree 🙂  

The President of the Republic, Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa, has invited the Portuguese to “rediscover the charm” of Portugal’s cultural heritage, through planning holidays in the country and visiting the monuments they may not have visited for a long time.

The head of state made his statement following a visit to the Torre de Belém, in Lisbon, during which he was accompanied by the Minister of Culture, Graça Fonseca.
Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa asked the Portuguese to “do what many people don’t do on a daily basis, which is to know what is fundamental in Portugal’s heritage”, noting: “Foreigners visit, they know, and we suddenly realise that we haven’t known or visited these sites for many years, many, many years, which is unforgivable”.
“It’s not just a question of travelling around Portugal in June, July, August and September, stay in Portugal and plan your holidays in Portugal, but take the opportunity to do cultural tourism, with children and young people”, he added.

5 Replies
Admin
(@astridff)

There is so much in Portugal I have yet to see - including down south towards the Algarve.

Perhaps some other members who live in the Algarve could recommend some places for me and my family to visit? We have two young girls....

As those who know me, my favourite getaway in Portugal is Castelo de Vide (we have a country house there). Right next to Marvao and only a few kilometres from the Spanish border. ❤️ ❤️ 

Admin
(@lincolnbaggie)
Estimable Member

In the Algarve I would recommend Sagres and the western point, Faro old town and Tavira. Lagos is nice off season. Silves and the Monchique also well worth visiting. Further east Castro Marim and V.R.S.A also good and you can hop across the river to Spain if you want. For the coast and sea, Burgau and Salerma towards the west. Just avoid the tourist spots....

1 Reply
Community Member
(@cabanastavira)

Admin
(@lincolnbaggie)
Estimable Member

In 6 years I’ve never even been to Lisbon. Sad I know.

Premium Member
(@wayneb)
Eminent Member

We visited Praia Fluvial do Penedo Furado near Vila de Rei.

Fabulous walk along the valley floor which took us to a welcoming waterfall and pool which was put to good use. 

good car park with toilet and a nice cafe at the beach.

Highly recommended!

Explorations Africa Banner Ad

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Receive exclusive member benefits from our partners: view current offers
      • Priority access to our Zoom meet-ups and webinars
      • Join any Group within our Online Community
      • Include your local events in our events calendar
      • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €25 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online