Golden Visa – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum

learn portuguese

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

winsurance banner

Golden Visa

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@paulr)
Trusted Member

Seem to be getting different opinions about the GV on different forums and what qualifies.

My case Going to live permanently in PT primary residence. Retired no Business only source of income is Pensions I will not be working in PT.  I will not employ anybody or set a business up.

I believe that under those circumstances the GV  would not apply to me

Regardless of what I spent on Property.

4 Replies

VIP Member
(@x-camone)
Noble Member

You could come in on a residency visa.

See details under the tab "Residency (Over 1 year)" / Fixed residency on this link Type of visa and the links to other relevant information in the  panel on the right for full requirements.

Once you have that, you have a period of 4 months during which to request a residence permit from the immigration and borders service (details on the SEF website)

1 Reply
VIP Member
(@x-camone)

Noble Member

Just to clarify a little further - it's not that you couldn't apply for a Golden Visa via property purchase, just a question of why would you want to with this other avenue open to you which seems a better fit?

Community Member
(@devitodani)

Hi Paulr,

the Golden Visa program is for anyone outside the EU and Switzerland. The essence of the program is to make an investment of your choice and in return get the opportunity for permanent residence or citizenship. Your source of income doesn't matter if you have the money for the investment.

Regards.

Premium Member
(@livinginusa)
Trusted Member

There was a good video posted on this site a while back regarding the Golden Visa, you may find it helpful.....

EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online