Help buying a refrigerator – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Help buying a refri...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Explorations Africa Banner Ad

Help buying a refrigerator  

RSS

(@peggyl)
Eminent Member Community Member
18/06/2020 4:02 pm  

I am renovating my kitchen and I need to replace the current, small refrigerator that has to be defrosted every week. No matter what you call it: cooler, fridge, chiller, freezer, frigerator, icebox, ice-box, cold storage or cold-storage box: we all need to replace one mow and again.

Does anyone know of a good place to purchase a large, American size, frost-free refrigerator?

We are not familiar with the brands here in the Algarve if anyone could recommend some good brands.

Obrigada

peggyl

(@gerry)
Estimable Member Admin
18/06/2020 9:26 pm  

@peggyl

Hi Peggy

Wortons is probably a good starting point. They definitely have American style refrigerators and sure to have a store near you. 

https://www.worten.pt/

Regards

Gerry

ReplyQuote
(@peggyl)
19/06/2020 12:05 am  

obrigada gerry

ReplyQuote
(@cabanastavira)
Active Member Community Member
21/06/2020 6:26 am  

You might a local Confort of help. I believe that they are locally owned but part of a larger purchasing orgamisation (please correct if I am wrong). We find that the service at our local branch is excellent.
https://www.confort.pt/ASPX/ListaProdutos/ListaProdutos.aspx?orig=PESQFILTRO&idmenu=24&idsmenu=26
Hope this helps.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by CabanasTavira

ReplyQuote
(@peggyl)
21/06/2020 11:04 pm  

obrigada

ReplyQuote
(@peggyl)
24/06/2020 12:20 am  

@cabanastavira

Thank You, They have some possibilities on the web site but we will have to go look in person because the web site only shows one view, some the inside & some the outside. But certainley worth going to look. Thanks again

ReplyQuote
(@cabanastavira)
Active Member Community Member
24/06/2020 5:53 am  

@peggyl
By the way I always ask for their 'best price' and, where we are, usually get a discount on the web price. I ought to say that the shops don't actually actually have 'in store' everything on the website. Prob best to do own research online.
Os melhores cumprimentos

ReplyQuote

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Join any Group within our Online Community
    • Get social on Zoom meet-ups and webinars
    • Include your local events in our events calendar
    • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
    • Receive exclusive member benefits and discounts from our partners
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €20 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online