Help finding COVID test centre for flight back to UK – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

Help finding COVID test centre for flight back to UK

Community Member
Topic starter
(@slick490)

Hi all,

Im flying to Lisbon from London on 17th May and after reading the (endless) guidance after booking I've realised theres a lot I have to sort out.

Currently, guidelines are explaining that I have to complete a RT-PCR test within 3 days of my flight out to Lisbon and I must complete a passenger locator card form. Thats simple enough.

Now flying back I must similarly complete a passenger locator card form and proof that I have booked a PCR test before the second day back in London. I must also present with a negative test result within 3 days of my flight back to London. The test has to have the following information:

Result needs to be in either English, French or Spanish and needs to include my name, date of birth, result of test, date of test, name of test provider, contact details of test provider, confirmation of the test used.

I contacted Ryanair and apparently they aren't offering this service to their customers.

I need help finding a place in Lisbon that will help me do this. I've been searching for a while and i'm quite overwhelmed by it all. I'd seriously appreciate any help anyone can give me.

What i've brainstormed is that I may create a form here in London and print it off and ask a pharmacist to sign it in Lisbon once i've had my RAT/LAT COVID flow test done with them (providing pharmacists can do this). Theres no guidance suggesting I cannot do this.

Thanks all for your time reading this,

Appreciate any help I can get!

Topic Tags
3 Replies

Community Member
Topic starter
(@slick490)

bump

1 Reply
Community Member
(@smurf)

@slick490  ·

The Red Cross mobile hospital (drive and walk thru located in av. Rainha doña Amelia) is an option, you can make an online appointment and the results are quite fast (one day max) if you let them know you need priority because you are travelling. The cost is 60 eur (payment by card and cash possible) - results are sent by email and SMS in both Portuguese and English. 
There is also the option of a private lab for example. 
https://www.germanodesousa.com/postos-de-colheita/laboratorio-central-de-lisboa-e-sede-do-grupo-germano-de-sousa/   Just one of many laboratories offering Covid tests for travel purposes. I believe that Antigen tests are accepted too , which are quicker and cheaper . This website provides some useful information

https://www.ucs.pt/covid-19-tests-to-passengers

Premium Member
(@steve823)

Hi All/Slick490

We currently have the same dilema (flying on 1st June) and travelling around central Portugal. Can anyone shine any light on PCR fit to fly tests in Portugal please?

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online