Moving to PT getting closer!!!!!! - Page 2 – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Serenity Banner
  • spartan Fx

Moving to PT getting closer!!!!!!

Page 2 / 2

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@paulr)
Estimable Member

As the months turn into weeks and the weeks turn in to days, the element of Fear racks up.

What have I not done!!

Maybe a general check list might help?

Done all the packing[Nightmare} Emptied the house labelled everything.

Organised the removal truck,

Sold my car

Arranged Car hire both ends

Booked flights

Booked the hotels

Arranged to collect keys for new PT property

Got all documentation in place

Please add to the list on what I have missed !!!!!

14 Replies
1 Reply
VIP Member
(@x-camone)

Noble Member
Posted by: @paulr

As the months turn into weeks and the weeks turn in to days, the element of Fear racks up.

What have I not done!!

Maybe a general check list might help?

Done all the packing[Nightmare} Emptied the house labelled everything.

Organised the removal truck,

Sold my car

Arranged Car hire both ends

Booked flights

Booked the hotels

Arranged to collect keys for new PT property

Got all documentation in place

Please add to the list on what I have missed !!!!!

You've got the hitherto elusive visa then?

Well done!

Premium Member
(@ailin422)

Have you given yourself a HUGE pat on the back and a hearty, "well done, Paul!"?  No?  I thought not.  I think most of us are guilty of not taking time to appreciate how amazing we are to tackle this daunting undertaking.

Are you doing this alone?

Kudos, Paul!  Everything else will sort itself out:)

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@paulr)
Estimable Member

Hi Allin422, A quick answer is no. not had the time. After over 2 months of trying to get appointments in the Uk with both the PT Embassy and VFS Global and, sending copies of docs , which were far more than they needed and ticked every single requirement. Got absolute zero response .Sent letters, recorded delivery,E-mails  and phoned . just talked to a machine. had I not spent substantial time in PT and know how kind and helpful the PT people, I would have come to a different conclusion about PT and the way PT Embassies work.

So two weeks from today we arrive in PT . Sold up in the Uk and have 90 days to sort things out over there.. I own property , retired and more than cover all the necessary  requirements. I have good PT friends who will make an appointment with Faro SEF and  take me to their office and will  ensure that residency will follow in 5 weeks.

Have substantial knowledge of the Algarve and it is my intention to start a Photographic School for young photographers and more experienced photographers with the help of others  Pro PT  Photographers. This will be a completely free service with no cost to the students . Just a sharing of knowledge in Photography.

For anybody starting this process , I wish them Good Luck, it is like climbing mountains ,with a team of Sherpas  helping you..and yes Ei did try and help but so far nothing as happened and I am running out of time UK wise.

1 Reply
VIP Member
(@x-camone)

Noble Member
Posted by: @paulr

I own property , retired and more than cover all the necessary  requirements. I have good PT friends who will make an appointment with Faro SEF and  take me to their office and will  ensure that residency will follow in 5 weeks..

Good luck with that.

Page 2 / 2

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • Serenity Banner
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online