NIF & Bank Account not required to buy property in Portugal – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum

acp benefit

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Blevins Franks banner

NIF & Bank Account not required to buy property in Portugal

Community Member
Topic starter
(@beelszabub)

I hope this is useful to anyone, like me, who isn’t able to retire permanently to Portugal for a few more years yet. I’ve been e-mailing with a Solicitor, who is the daughter of a friend I have in Central Portugal. I’ve copied part of her letter to me...

”Since the UK has left the EU you now need a tax representative in this country – this is basically someone that provides a tax address to which the Tax Department will be sending all letters and notices adressed to you.

I have been working for many years now with a company that provides this service for an annual fee of approx. €200. I could send you their details and liaise with them.

With regards to the bank account, usually banks require the client here in person to sign and for the bank account to be fully operational. However many of my clients have bought properties here without a bank account being necessary – they even have the utilities being paid by DD from their UK accounts. If it is just for the house purchase you can use a solicitor and move money through a client’s account.”

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online