Property Data Site - Like Zoopla? – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

Property Data Site - Like Zoopla?

Page 1 / 2

Community Member
Topic starter
(@rocketracoon)
Trusted Member

Ola,

Does anyone know if there are any property data sites in PT that record the sale price and other metrics of properties, like Zoopla does in the UK. 

I am looking at property in the Algarve, and potentially silver coast and would like to establish a base line to identify if property is going up or down in the region.

And/or if the property I am looking at has gone up or down.

Thanks in advance. 

Topic Tags
12 Replies

Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@thomasribatejo)

We've not come across anything like this, and responses to similar questions elsewhere have drawn a blank from others, too.  Information on individual properties is available for access via Registos (the public registry) but it's basically property title by property title, and there seems to be no way to access it directly.

Premium Member
(@jeanne)
Estimable Member

Casafari.com was mentioned during one of the GMP shows as a source used by realtors that analyses the historical data of properties. You need to purchase a subscription to use the service, but here's what they claim they can provide : 

"Through CASAFARI you will see, in an organized way, all the public information about a certain property on a single page:General property information associated with each listing, including price and status - sold, reserved, active, delisted;Comparable properties;Graphs - check whether certain property is below or above the market price;Chronogram - access all historical property data, including price change dates and promoters' movements;Estimated location of the property on the map."

1 Reply
(@thomasribatejo)

@jeanne Hmm, this is very much not the same free, open-access, all-addresses thing, but a tool for professionals (or investment buyers, perhaps), apparently focused on specific zones, not the whole country (although it may be that they have enhanced pictures for the popular areas, and less rich detail for the rest).  It's based on estate agency listings, it seems, not actual sale prices, so will be incomplete, and based on asking prices, with no account taken (I would presume, from what it says) of offers, unsold properties, etc.

There's definitely added value in something like this in countries like PT where the easily publicly available info is limited - but for agents more than buyers.  Indeed, its entire pitch seems to be to agents.

If a buyer is serious about a property or a local area, the Registos data would be more useful.  That's not practical for wide areas, or indeed for ongoing trends, though, just the rateable values and last selling prices.

Premium Member
(@jeanne)
Estimable Member

perhaps a buyers agent would have access to Casafari, but still not entirely clear what level of data it provides.  Where I now live, I can check the sales history going back years using the county's searchable, on line property tax records.  The actual sales price is recorded every time a property changes hands. 

1 Reply
(@thomasribatejo)

@jeanne yes, and effectively that's what Zoopla enables, in the UK, and on a thread in the past, it seems something similar exists in the States too. It is very helpful to be able to see this information directly, unfiltered by what any intermediary may wish you to see or think. Alas, not currently possible here.

Community Member
Topic starter
(@rocketracoon)
Trusted Member

Thank you all for the detailed responses to this thread, very useful 🙂  

In summary: 

• There is no Zoopla alternative that provides an aggregate of house prices, per area or per single property 
  • You could request the official data for a single property if you were serious about buying it, which would tell you the amount of time it's changed hands and the previous purchase price etc

Follow up question:

1. How are people buying in Portugal currently, picking areas that are likely to increase in value etc?

5 Replies
Premium Member
(@pipfinder)

Eminent Member

@rocketracoon

Hi Colin Ross-Jones here, many house are selling very quickly here, there are a number of areas that are up and coming and values are increasing there also maybe some properties as distress sales due to that person investing in AirBnB prior to Covid and had a mortgage holiday that now needs paying.

As the Property search person for Expatsportugal I can arrange a 1 to 1 with you so we can help you find the right property with the right professional Estate Agents.

I am here to help

colin@expatsportugal.com

Community Member
(@rocketracoon)

Trusted Member

@pipfinder Am I right in thinking mortgages are currently under some sort of holiday scheme that ends in September?

Premium Member
(@pipfinder)

Eminent Member

@rocketracoon

In some cases yes

Community Member
(@sonia)

Trusted Member

@rocketracoon 

Just to add some information

The registry doesn’t show the price paid for the property, that information is only available in the «escritura de compra e venda» that is done in the Notary (I think in English it’s called Deed but I’m not sure) if you really wanted that information you could obtain it in the notary or in the Conservatória do Registo Predial, note that this is not public information and since the privacy laws changed they may not want to give you access if you are not the owner off the property, in any case you would need to know what to ask and have the registry (certidão predial) so they had information and could search for it, the information provided is not free.

the registry usally only shows the active information about the property not the old one, so to see how many times the property changed hands you would need to request a full copy of the registry containing all the history.

There are some sites that show the evolution of the prices, but that information is usually based on that website only, and it only shows the asking price not the price of the sale, but this may give you an idea.

Here are two sites, the links will lead you to an apartment, at the bottom of the page is the graph with the evolution of the price.

casa sapo

imovirtual

Community Member
(@rocketracoon)

Trusted Member

@sonia Thank you for the detailed response, very useful information - greatly appreciated. I will checkout the sites 😀

Page 1 / 2

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online