Save Choupal from the Developers (Coimbra District) – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• spartan Fx
  • Serenity Banner

Save Choupal from the Developers (Coimbra District)

Page 1 / 2

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@auntyems)
Estimable Member

Hi, if you didn't already know, there are plans to put a substantial road through Choupal, the national forest in Coimbra that runs alongside the River Mondego.

There's a petition that aims to get 10,000 signatures on it by Sunday 15 February against this development in a site of national and scientific interest and I am asking all those that live in the Beiras to contribute their name and support against this road development.

You can find the petition here: http://www.petitiononline.com/choupal/petition.html

And more information about the protest to the development here:
www.plataformadochoupal.org

We are also meeting at Choupal woods on Sunday 15 February at 11am to form a 'Human Chain for Choupal.' If you are in the vicinity, please do come along and show your support.

Best wishes,
Emma.

6 Replies

VIP Member
(@ali-gator)
Illustrious Member

Hi Emma,

I have just looked at the area on Google Earth. The words I would really like to express on this pending project, are not for this forum.

I have signed the petition and if I lived in your area, I would come along willingly, although I am due overseas shortly.

Thank you for drawing attention to this.

Kind Regards, Ali x

VIP Member
(@rob_f)
Honorable Member

What's the proposed road for? i.e where does it go from and to

VIP Member
(@peterfc)
Famed Member

Hi Emm

I can't sign the petition because i do not know what Número Bilhete de Identidade Means.

If you could be of help i can then go back to sign.

Peter

Like i normally use xtra?

VIP Member
(@lobito)
Famed Member

Oh, swell! I can imagine the changes to the lyrics of 90% of fados de Coimbra... :?

Page 1 / 2

• Serenity Banner
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner
  • Sovereign Group Leaderboard

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online