Skype - Page 4 – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• spartan Fx

Page 4 / 4

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@auntyems)
Estimable Member

Just to let you all know, I uploaded Skype at the weekend and it's fab. I can make calls to other skype users for free through the computer and to land lines and mobiles for just E0.02 cents per minute. (still can't do the euro sign...)

www.skype.com

You need a set of speakers and a microphone or a computer compatible headset, but I think it's going to be great.

Emma.

17 Replies

VIP Member
(@valh007)
Trusted Member

Hi Matt,

Recently I looked into broadband but, because of the remote location where I live, there was nothing available.

DECO, the equivalent of Consumer's Union in the US, has a magazine Pro Teste, the equivalent of Consumer Reports over there, has a very good article "Navegar com limites" in Vol. 261, Sept 2005 on broadband. The two best companies were Clix (www.clix.pt) and Oni (www.oninet.pt) and, although I didn't go into much detail when I learned that they don't operate near me, I have the impression that you can get them for about €25/month. They were much lower than any others. Since you live in a much more built up area than I, very probably your phone will be in one of their Zones.

You don't need to know much Portuguese to read the article. It is in tabular form and about 20-30 Portuguese words should give you the flavour of it.

Good reading :-)

Val

VIP Member
(@jayne)
Illustrious Member

Hi Val,

Just a quickie, have to go to work. DECO also has a site http://www.deco.proteste.pt/ but I don't know how it compares to the magazine. Might be useful.

For general info, obviously it's in Portuguese.

VIP Member
(@jayne)
Illustrious Member

Val, you seem like a guy who does his homework but are you sure that ONI or CLIX don't operate in your area? :D Both in the same area is difficult but I'd be surprised if neither of them did, especially being so close to Lisbon! I'm currently thinking about opting for the ONIDUO package as I'm in an ONI area so would get what I need for 19.95€ month.

The only thing which is holding me back is that ONI and CLIX have bought lines from Portugal Telecom which is how they can operate at such low prices but are those lines as dependable as the PT lines, I wonder?

Page 4 / 4

• Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Plus

Exclusive member-only content
€347 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Access to our private online Group
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • Weekly Q&A call with Carl Munson
  • Personal support
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online